Q. What is the difference between thoracic and lumbar fusion?

Dr. Lokesh

Can you please tell me what is the difference between thoracic, thoracolumbar and lumbar fusion? Or are they all the same?

#

• There are 12 thoracic vertebrae and five lumbar vertebrae.
  1. The fusion of the body of the vertebrae between the thoracic spine is called a thoracic fusion.
  2. A fusion at the junction of the thoracic and lumbar spine is called a thoracolumbar fusion.
  3. And that between the lumbar vertebrae is called lumbar vertebrae fusion.

This professional advice provided by me stands subject to the actual examination of report/image and is based entirely on inputs provided to me. It should be correlated with clinical findings. Regards.

For more information consult a spine health specialist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/spine-health-specialist

|