Q. Can you go through my NT scan and double marker reports and tell me if I am risk?

I am a 31 year old female. I am 12 weeks pregnant. I have received my NT scan and double marker reports. Below are the details: NT 0.70 mm, trisomy 21 and NT 1:675, trisomy 13/18.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? Let me start by saying that you and your baby are absolutely fine.

• First of all, 31 years is not at all a risk factor. Only after 35 years, the risk of these genetic problems increases a lot, much more after 40 years. These factors are calculated using an age correlation.
  • In this report, the risk is mentioned as 1 in 675. Only if the risk is 1 in 250 or less, we need to worry. In your case there is no risk as per history and also the tests show the same.
  • So, just enjoy these days of pregnancy and keep following the medications you are following now.

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back if there are any more queries. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|