Q. Can you go through my NT scan and double marker reports and tell me if I am risk?

Published on Oct 15, 2017

I am a 31 year old female. I am 12 weeks pregnant. I have received my NT scan and double marker reports. Below are the details: NT 0.70 mm, trisomy 21 and NT 1:675, trisomy 13/18.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? Let me start by saying that you and your baby are absolutely fine.

• First of all, 31 years is not at all a risk factor. Only after 35 years, the risk of these genetic problems increases a lot, much more after 40 years. These factors are calculated using an age correlation.
  • In this report, the risk is mentioned as 1 in 675. Only if the risk is 1 in 250 or less, we need to worry. In your case there is no risk as per history and also the tests show the same.
  • So, just enjoy these days of pregnancy and keep following the medications you are following now.

Hope I have clarified your query. Do write back if there are any more queries. All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Pregnancy tests are negative, but am still having pregnancy symptoms. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old female, who started taking birth control pills eight months back, but I only took it for a week and stopped taking them. In that same week, I had unprotected sex with my fiance, and I had my periods the next day. The next month I got my periods two weeks earlier, and I ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I see two problems in your history. Let me tell you the reason and solution. Birth control pills come in a pack of 21 or 21 active plus seven dummy pills, or the single dose of an emergency contraceptive pill. Whichever you take, will suppres...  Read Full

Do my wife's NT scan and double marker test results show a high risk for Down's syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife had NT scan and double marker test at 12 weeks and 3 days of pregnancy. The report is as follows, CRL is 59.2 mm, NT is 1.45 mm, free beta-hCG is 84.84 IU/L, equivalent to 2.217 MoM and PAPP-A 0.712 IU/L equivalent to 0.282 MoM. Trisomy 21 is 1: 450 1:47 and trisomy 18 is 1: 5315...  Read Full >>

Dr. Deepti Verma
Fetal Medicine Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your question and understand the concerns.The report is showing a high risk for trisomy 21 or Down's syndrome. This first-trimester screening is 95 % sensitive, hence, if the risk is positive, then the amniocentesis should be done to confirm the fetal karyotyp...  Read Full

Yoga Poses To Manage Diabetes

Article Overview: Diabetes, a life style disorder, is affecting 6.4% population of the world. Not only the developed countries, but also the developing countries are significantly affected by it. There are various treatment approaches for managing diabetes which has been successful to certain extent. But still, prevalence of this disease is increasing and age of onset of disease is found to be decreasing. This is going to affect world's health and economy badly. Yoga, a traditional science from India, has proved its efficacy in various researches done so far. This article focuses on the role of yoga for diabetics.  Read Article

Dr. Vinod Kumar
Yoga Specialist

Diabetes mellitus is a life style associated disorder which is characterized by increased levels of blood sugar. Diagnosis of diabetes is not a temporary phenomenon but an event which affects an individual for the rest of life. Population of type 2 diabetes mellitus is on rise continuously. In 2010,...  Read Article