Q. Can a patient with PCOD and lighter periods get pregnant?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Published on Dec 27, 2018

I have PCOD. My period is on the time but stays for 1 to 2 days and bleeding is very less. I am trying to conceive. The doctor gave me Dronis-30 and Rejumet tablet. My weight has also increased. Can I conceive? And two years ago the doctor gave me the Gardasil vaccine. I used Novelon two years ago but the period condition is the same.

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Yes, definitely you can get pregnant. PCOS is a condition which can be easily reverted by diet, exercise, yoga, lifestyle modifications, and physical fitness. Get started with Folic acid supplements. Continue taking the medication as prescribed by your doctor. Try during your fertile period which is between 12 to 24 days of your periods. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care.

| 

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »

I took two pregnancy tests. One was positive and the other negative. Can you help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old. I amhyperthyroidand I havepolycystic ovaries. I had my period for just one day last month. It was very light. I, however, took two pregnancy tests two days ago. The first one read positive and the second, which was taken a few hours after read negative. Could you pleas...  Read Full »

What causes weight gain, sweating, and tiredness?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I ordered thyrocare test. The test report shows total triiodothyronine (T3) CLIA 117 ng/dL, total thyroxine (T4) CLIA 10.9 µg/dL, thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) CLIA 9.04 µIU/mL, FT3 - 3.03, FT4 - 1.08 and anti-microsomal antibody (AMA) - 315. My BP is 145/90 mmHg. I have s...  Read Full »