Q. How can I reduce my weight and regularize my periods even though I have PCOD?

Dr. Sabita Laskar

I am a 32-year-old mother of a 3-year-old boy diagnosed with PCOD. My periods are irregular, and I am overweight and unable to lose weight. Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

As you probably know, PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) is a faulty lifestyle disorder. Most commonly associated with overweight. Before trying out any medications, you must try to lose weight. There is nothing impossible if you have strong determination to achieve your goal. I would suggest a few things:

1. Follow a strict diet and slowly reduce the quantity in each meal.
  2. Try to eat small meals at two to three hours intervals.
  3. Drink a glass of water in between if you feel hungry.
  4. Take lots of vitamin C-rich fruit.
  5. Join a gym. If not, go for a regular brisk walk every day for at least 30 minutes.
  6. Tablet Progesterone 10 mg twice daily for five days. It will bring out withdrawal bleeding.

|