Q. I have a very painful period, facial hair, and pimples on my armpit. What shall I do?

Dr. Sangeeta Milap
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I had an irregular period ever since I was in college, and when it comes, my period usually lasts for four days (abdomen pain is just usual, not much). However, just this month, I had a very painful experience (I do not know if it is caused by air cause I had the fan turned on while sleeping); the pain was coming from my lower left abdomen. It is the first time I felt it, so I took Revalan, and it was gone within the day. I still have my period going on, a week now probably longer than usual but not painful. For years now, I get facial hair. And I also get big pimples on my armpits or butt area, or neck area (nape), especially when my period is coming. They are so active. What shall I do?

#

I am sorry to hear about your problem. You could be having PCOD (Polycystic ovarian disease), in which there is ovarian dysfunction due to multiple cysts in the ovary. You might also be having pain due to some infection in the uterus, tubes, or ovaries. Get an ultrasound of the abdomen and pelvis. Also, get a few blood tests like thyroid function tests, prolactin levels, testosterone levels, FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), and LH (luteinizing hormone). For your acne, take tablet Azithromycin 250 mg twice a day for five days and apply Acnesol (Clindamycin Phosphate gel) gel twice a day. After the investigations, if it is PCOD, we might have to put you on hormonal treatment, so get back to me. Periods also are irregular because of this. For abdominal pain, take tablet Ceftum (Cefuroxime) 250 mg twice a day for seven days along with Tablet Chymoral AP (Aceclofenac and Paracetamol) twice a day for a week. If pain is severe, take tablet Drotin MF (Drotaverine and Mefenamic acid) as and when required.

| 

Why do I have pimples on the back of my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. A month ago, I noticed few small pimples at the back of my tongue and I thought that they will get alright on their own. But, they have been there for almost a month.  And, I have halitosis too. I often have a sore throat as well, but it is not severe.  Read Full »

Will my PCOD get cured with homeopathy treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOD for about 15 years. I have all symptoms of pcod and irregular periods problem. I had one miscarriage 5 years ago due to cervical incompetence. I just started taking Kalarchi choornam for 48 days and facing some side effects. My body is developing heat and I have got some ...  Read Full »

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»