Q. I bleed after sex, but not always. What could be the reason behind it?

I am 23 years old. I have bleeding after sex for a few years. It does not happen every time. I consulted a doctor, and I got tested for STI. The results came negative. The doctor did a physical examination and told me that everything is fine. I also had constipation for a week. Please suggest.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Having bleeding after sex is not normal. The reasons are multiple. It can be due to STD (sexually transmitted diseases), PID (pelvic inflammatory disease), cyst near the vaginal opening, and trauma due to vigorous sex. Since you have negative results for STD, then there is nothing to worry.

I would suggest you use lubricants to have proper lubrication. Dryness of vagina or rough sex can also cause bleeding after sex. If you are allergic to lubricants, then it is better to wait for a proper stimulation with the right use of foreplay before having intercourse.

| 

Why do I get pain and bleeding after sex with pap smear showing CIN3?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of back pain and pain during intercourse as well as bleeding after. My pap smear came back CIN3. What can I expect?  Read Full »

Having backache badly and vagina smelly discharge. Can you suggest any treatments?

Query: Hi doctor,I am sexually active with one partner only. I am not well for the last 4 months. I am having bad backache and a smelly, white thick sometimes brown color vaginal discharge, lower abdomen pain and vaginal pain while urination. I have consulted my gynecologist and took proper medicine. Now a...  Read Full »

I am still waiting for my periods a month after I-pill. Will I get it?

Query: Hello doctor, My periods got over on the 7th of last month. I had unprotected sex with my partner on 10th. Within three to four hours, I took I-pill. I bled exactly after one week, that is, on the 17th. The bleeding was there for four days maximum. Now, it is the 12th and I am still waiting for my ...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now