Q. After PPP removal, I have some scaly marks on my penis. Which cream should I try?

Dr. Gaurang Gupta

I am a 24 year old male. Seven months ago, I had PPP removal from my penis head with CO2 laser treatment. For the last three months, I observed some redness in my penis head. I think it is because of irritation due to masturbation. Since I removed PPP, my penis is a lot drier. My dermatologist prescribed Canesten and then Bepanthen and then Eucerin. Now for around two months, some scale like stretch marks are there in the penis head, and I am applying Eucerin. It causes a feeling of burning sensation. What cream should I try? Is this something serious? I have attached photo for your reference. Thank you.

#

• You had CO2 laser removal of PPP (pearly penile papule). The most common side effect of laser is erythema or redness, which goes of itself with time.
  • In photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems that you have erythema and dryness only. Otherwise, it looks very much normal.
  • Also, you applied many creams like steroid and antifungal, which further cause unnecessary effect.
  • I would suggest you to apply only simple moisturizer for two weeks. It will settle down all unwanted effect of creams as well erythema and dryness.
  • Do not think or enthusiastically apply any cream just wait and it will heal itself.

Revert after two weeks to a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

Can you give me the name of some good moisturizer? Should I apply it only in the night?

#

• You can apply any medicated or non-medicated moisturizer.
  • Moisturex soft lotion is good if available. Otherwise, you can take any moisturizer and let the skin heal itself.

For further information consult a cosmetologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cosmetologist

|