Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. I have pain under glans penis after an injury from penis pump. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Samer S J Altawil
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 16, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 21, 2020

Hello doctor,

I have pain right under glans. Three years ago, I suffered an injury from a penis pump. There was a mild hematoma right behind the urethra and some itching or burning pain in that exact area lasted about a week and then went away. A month later, I got another injury from the penis pump and no hematoma, but my erections were poor for a week and then returned gradually. I had burning pain right behind the urethra under the glans that persists to this day from this final pump incident. I have problem every day, mostly when flaccid.

I stopped using the pump, but I had also been rough with masturbation for seven hours straight a couple of times and like ten times for several hours straight over the last two years. After the rough masturbation, I started having burning pain on the top side right under the glans. I have this pain every day for about two years. When it is erect, occasionally, there is a pain, but the pain is usually significantly reduced or completely gone, so it is mostly in the flaccid state. The pain is also right under the skin by a few millimeters and not a deep pain. Anti-inflammatories seem to help a bit. I can get morning erections fine and maintain erections fine so there is no issue with erections. I have tried not having sex or masturbating for 11 weeks straight and the pain did not get cured. I have seen a urologist multiple times and another urologist who is a leading expert on the penis. I also have consulted a general surgeon with 25 years of experience in his field. They basically all told me the same thing.It is a stubborn inflammation and nerve damage that the rough masturbation has kept inflamed and they are not worried about it. They told me there is no way and I will be in pain for 15 years from now. The general surgeon told me to abstain from masturbation or sex for at least three months or until the pain is 100% gone. So I am now abstaining from masturbation or sex for however long it takes whether it be three months or over a year. My question to you is do you think I have structural damage to the bucks fascia like a tear or do you think that it is only nerve inflammation?



Welcome to

It seems to be inflammation and irritation. You are talking about typical pain at the tip of the penis, especially after masturbation more severely when you urinate.

This pain is mostly due to irritants like the lubricants or soap you use during masturbation or even bathing. If nerve damage is there due to strenuous masturbation, then the issue will persist for three months, which is the period for the nerve required to repair itself.

Regarding your question tear of bucks fascia, the answer is no, because bucks fascia is a deep fascia of the penis and does not get ruptured easily, even with vigorous masturbation. It gets ruptured in accidents or falls from height and causes bleeding and hematoma, not matching your presentation. You can apply the anesthetic gel on the tip of the penis to reduce symptoms. You can try Lignocaine or Xylocaine gel 1-2%.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

So you do no’t think even the initial injury with the penis pump could have torn the bucks fascia? The vacuum pressure of the pump was 17 hg or about 7 psi.



Welcome back to

Absolutely no injury to bucks fascia. Bucks fascia injury is a deep fascia injury and form a butterfly-shaped bruise around the perineal area down below the scrotum because bucks fascia extends to the perineum and thighs. So that will create severe swelling and difficulty in passing urine. The pump injury will be classically swelling due to vacuum action on the affected area, which is the penis only. I think you need to give it some time until the nerve injury settles, and all will be fine. Please keep your follow up and update me about your condition.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What are the possible options available to treat erectile dysfunction?
How to manage pain in penis?
Are there any methods to increase the size of penis?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

How can inflammation of the eye be cured?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye was inflamed and I applied Pred Forte and the inflammation disappeared. I work on the computer a lot. In the past, there has been some redness, but cold compresses have been helpful. The redness is back again now. My eyes always go red after I wake up. I applied s...  Read Full »

What can cause the penis to tingle?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old sexually active male. I have been with the same girl for the past 10 years and we are loyal in the relationship. I am having a ton of issues and pain in my lower region. The symptoms are lower back pain, pain in my pubic region, pain and tingling in my testicles, burnin...  Read Full »

Is Gum Inflammation a Curable Problem?

Article Overview: The medical terminology for inflamed gums is 'gingivitis'. It is one of the most common oral health concerns faced by each of us. This article talks about the causes and cure for gingivitis. Read Article

Gingivitis refers to inflammation of the gums. Gums (or gingiva) along with the bones and ligaments form the supporting structure of the teeth. Once they get swollen, there is redness, puffiness, and bleeding of gums. But, in most cases, it is treatable and reversible. When left untreated, it can l...  Read Article

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.