Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Are there any methods to increase the size of penis?

Answered by
Dr. Ankush Jairath
and medically reviewed by Dr. Vinodhini. J
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 14, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 28, 2020

Hello doctor,

I am 22 years old. I have problems with my penis it is 4 inches when erect and the foreskin is very tight and sometimes I feel pain while urinating. Are there any methods to increase the size of the penis?



Welcome to

Coming back to your query, I will let you know that the average penile size (erect) is 4.7 inches so your's should be quite normal. If you do not have difficulty with intercourse and your partner is satisfied then I do not think there is a need for any medications. (medications has a limited role and has side effects too).

If you feel there is phimosis (inability to retract foreskin) get circumcision done. It is is a very basic procedure and will let you to urinate better. Moreover, there is no hygiene-related problems after circumcision.

You can try some non invasive methods to increase the size and strength such as penile pump, jelquing in this when penis is erect apply any lubricant (oil) around base of the shaft and milk towards the end. It helps to increase in both length and girth. Try to shed some weight. You can give a try of tablet Tadalafil 2.5 mg once a day for 1 month and see the results, it will not make you dependent so do not worry.

Was this answer helpful?


Thank you doctor,

I am getting married next year. I feel that the length would not be enough to satisfy her as I also think that it would be difficult for intercourse with that small length. So I want to increase the length by taking medications or any other means possible.

Regarding the medications, I would like you to send me a prescription note so that I could easily get them from the pharmacy stores as they usually ask for the prescription paper. I am attaching the pictures both erect and non-erect.



Welcome back to

I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

At this point of time, I think you are physically perfect with size as well as girth. I do not think the reason why you would not be able to satisfy your partner. The medicine I had prescribed helps by increasing blood supply to the penis in the erect state, but unless you try to have intercourse with your partner how will you come to know I do not know. But mark my words your penile growth is normal. However, you can get circumcision done once this Corona thing goes off. It will otherwise also helps to keep better hygiene.

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
What are the possible options available to treat erectile dysfunction?
Is premature ejaculation related to small penis size?
My penis has a narrow opening as the lower attachment is not broken down. Please help.
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Why am I having phimosis, yellow urine, knee pain, and constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I have phimosis, yellow urine, knee pain, constipation, and lack of hunger. I am having a digestion problem. For the last three years, I went to so many different doctors but did not recover. And from the past few days, my urine turns yellow, not all the time but most probably. And al...  Read Full »

Erectile Dysfunction: a Nightmare for Every Male

Article Overview: This article stresses upon the fact that erectile dysfunction is as manageable and treatable as other physical and mental ailments. Read Article

Dr. Bharat Udey

Men in every culture and society are too concerned about their sexual prowess. Performance in the bed is one of the foremost important criteria to determine the sexual prowess. In olden era as well, males were judged on the basis of their sexuality. This is a kind of natural selection running from t...  Read Article

Can I have sex with phimosis?

Query: Hi doctor,I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?  Read Full »

Also Read

COVID-19 Testing
COVID-19 testing includes analyzing patient samples to determine current or past infections with SARS-CoV-2. Read the ar...  Read more»
I feel a restlessness in my legs, which decreases my sleep quality. How to get a refreshing sleep?
Hello doctor, I cannot get refreshing sleep some days in a week, and some days it is good. I also have difficulty sleep...  Read more»
I have redness in my eyes. How to stop it from getting redder?
Hello doctor,I am a 16-year-old boy. I have a problem with my eyes, and I had this problem for a very long time. I do no...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.