Q. What is the swollen hard thick cord along the shaft of my penis?

Dr. Vaibhav
Published on Sep 24, 2019

I have been masturbating on a daily basis for a long time. For the past two years, I have noticed a swollen hard thick cord along the shaft of my penis. It is more obvious when flaccid. It is nonpainful at all and it is pulsating and changes sizes. Help me, please.

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

Masturbation does not cause any such thickened cord, usually, these cord-like structures are dilated veins. It does not require treatment except in very rare cases when it is painful. Still, I would recommend you to visit a urologist once for physical examination as a condition which you have described can be best diagnosed after a physical examination.

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. First of all, I would like to tell you that masturbation is not the reason for the problem of premature ejaculation you are having. Masturbation is a safe habit, and most of the men masturbate. Diabetes increases the risk of premat...  Read Full

I Have A Vein Visible On My Penis Even In A Flaccid State. Should I Be Worried?

Query: Hello doctor, The last you gave me an answer for my query but somehow I could not send you pictures and I am sorry for that. I have a vein on the left side of my penis which is totally visible. It is not a painful one but its totally visible even in a flaccid state also. I need ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Devendra
Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After looking at the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of the flaccid and partially erect penis, the loop of the vein seen is perfect for a normal appearance. Do you think a featureless smooth cylinder like penis will not b...  Read Full

Can prostatitis cause the veins in my urethra to get darker and inflated?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29 year old male, who has prostatitis. My prostatitis symptoms flared up four months ago, after eight months of partial remission. Last week, my pain got worse with cramping over my pubic bone. Now, the discomfort and cramping comes in multiple places simultaneously (perineum...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am really sorry to know about your problems. I have gone through your MRI images and other reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), and all reports are normal. Your clinical features and investigation results fit into chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS...  Read Full