Common "Dilated Veins" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Dilated Veins

Dilated or varicose veins are twisted, enlarged veins close to the skin's surface. They can form in any body part but usually occur in the legs. Dilated veins occur due to increased blood pressure in the veins. Dilated veins symptoms include misshapen veins, pain, swelling, and heaviness over or around the enlarged veins. Treatment may involve self-care measures, compression stockings, and surgeries or procedures.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have swollen veins on my penis, which become prominent on masturbation. Should I be concerned?

Query: Hi doctor, I have swollen veins on my penis, which are very large. I have discomfort, especially after masturbation. They had disappeared for some time, but have recurred. I am 22 years old and have varicose veins on my legs. What can be the problem? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Tuljapure Samit Prabhakarrao

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. Are the veins present all over the penis or only the glans penis? Do you have itching or any kind of burning sensation? Is there an erythema (redness) present? Do you have any history of unprotected sexual intercourse? How long have you had thi...  Read Full »

Why does the lower part of my scrotum become dark and pains when I walk?

Query: Hello doctor, One day when I masturbated, my right testicle went up, and at the same time, I felt a burning sensation in the perineal area. After ejaculation, I felt an intense pain in that area, and from that time, I always have problems walking or ejaculating. The thing that scares me is that the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Let me tell you that the symptoms described by you suggest that you have vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels) which can cause Peyronie's disease. Moreover, it may be due to epididymo-orchitis. In this situation, I suggest non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medica...  Read Full »

I am suffering from lower stomach pain and have difficulty walking after masturbating. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, when I jerked off, my testicles started to hurt, and I got lower stomach cramp-like pain. Today, when I did the same thing, my testicles hurt so bad. Also, I have a lower stomach cramp, but I keep getting boners. It makes it hard to walk around, and the balls are soggy. Kind...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to There might be inflammation or discoloration; that is why the pain or condition. Similar pain is observed in varicocele. It is dilated veins around the testis and can be detected on ultrasound. I suggest you take anti-inflammatory medications like Brufen (Ibuprofen) 400...  Read Full »

What should I do if my foreskin backs up and causes pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an issue with an overactive bulbourethral gland causing excessive amounts of precum. Due to this, it can sometimes cause a back up of the foreskin which results in pressure and what I would call the entire descent of the vas deferens into the scrotum. This also causes stomach pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Subhash Pandya

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Precum comes from various glands, including the bulbourethral gland. However, the sperm from the testes have a separate tube (vas) that carries sperm to the urethra. This is unlikely to get temporarily clogged by other secretions. Prostatic glands also have separate ...  Read Full »

My penis looks swollen and numb. What might be the problem?

Query: Hello doctor,My penis looks swollen. What might be the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and can understand your concern. I have reviewed your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). This is vascular malformation. Dilated vein below the skin gives this look. It happens due to unknown causes. There is no need to ...  Read Full »

I have a swelling in the right testicle. How do you treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past week, I have felt a weird swelling inside the right testicle. It feels uncomfortable only if I touch it. Overall after working days, I have pulled down sensations. The overall condition did not affect peeing or sex part. A week ago, I felt like it had gone, however two days l...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to This is a varicocele which is dilated veins around the testis. The cause may be primary in 90 percent of the cases and secondary in 10 percent of the cases. It causes a dragging sensation and heaviness in the testis. An ultrasound scan of the scrotum diagnoses it. Pleas...  Read Full »

Will I have serious problems due to dilated tortuous veins in front of my penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have dilated tortuous veins in front of my penis, but I have no pain. It has been present for a long time and seems to progress on erection. I do masturbation sometimes. Is this a serious problem, and what should I do for the treatment?  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have reviewed the attached images (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), and you have an engorged vein. People can have veins of varying sizes depending upon their age, physical stature, and genetics. Some might have engorged veins over the penis. ...  Read Full »

There is a swollen hard thick cord along the shaft of my penis. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been masturbating on a daily basis for a long time. For the past two years, I have noticed a swollen hard thick cord along the shaft of my penis. It is more obvious when flaccid. It is nonpainful at all and it is pulsating and changes sizes. Help me, please.  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Masturbation does not cause any such thickened cord, usually, these cord-like structures are dilated veins. It does not require treatment except in very rare cases when it is painful. Still, I would recommend you to visit a urologist once for physical examination as a con...  Read Full »

How can I get this inflamed vein along my penis shaft treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a large inflamed vein along the shaft of my penis for about 10 years now. It causes no pain at all and no symptoms. I just really dislike the look of this and I need to get rid of it now as it is becoming more of a problem as I get older. I have looked up for symptoms and tr...  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hello, Welcome to If possible, kindly send me the images so that I can see and suggest you properly.   Read Full »

I feel uncomfortable during sex due to a lump present on my penis. Kindly help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small lump inside the foreskin near the penis head. It has been there for more than a year. It is painless. It does not hurt during sexual intercourse but feels uncomfortable during oral sex. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Khant Shahil Ramesh Bhai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have seen the photos sent by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is dilated vein of the penis. The swelling is because there may be thrombosis (blood clot) inside the vein. Do not worry as it is not harmful at all. It should resolve. I suggest you a...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.