Q. Kindly explain why there is discoloration on skin of penis?

Dr. Shweta Dhawan

I have a discoloring on skin of penis. Why?

Dr. Shweta Dhawan

#

The condition you are presenting is hypopigmentation of penile skin, relating to penile vitiligo, its an autoimmune condition, vitiligo can be present in other parts of skin or hairs also turning the color light, or white, it is not related to any STDs, but if any history of injury, itching is present kindly do mention and for treatment of this hypopigmentation, few ointment like Tacrolimus ointment has found to be effective, other than this you can also get help with light therapy, both of these will decrease the spread and density of vitiligo.

thyroid profile for autoimmune disorder

do mention, from how many days, if any injury has occurred or not, any prior infection

| 

I do not know if I got back to you but thanks for your evaluation and response. I have dealt with autoimmune problems in the past. I also have had an issue with discoloring on my testicles. May I send an inquiry to you so we can keep consistent with your expertise. Thank you.

Dr. Shweta Dhawan

#

I am glad to help you in this matter, you can send me any query related to health problems, and if you can go for thyroid profile for evaluation as the spread of pigmentation can be controlled with a better control of autoimmune disease.

| 

Why is my penis head white?

Query: Hello doctor, The skin at the tip of my penis is becoming white from the past three months. There is no pain or any other problem due to that. I feel pressure to urinate, but while urinating the flow is slow. I do not know why my penis has become white. Kindly advice.  Read Full »

My daughter has swollen lymph nodes and positive ANA. Please provide opinion.

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter, 15 years, has swollen lymph nodes. Biopsy done. It is non-malignant. No TB. But ANA has come positive. I would like to share the reports and take your opinion.  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now