Q. Do the lesions on my penis and legs look like they are due to sarcoidosis?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Dear Doctor, I have these rashes for 4-5 months. They do not itch or burn, they are simply displeasing to watch. During that time I was diagnosed with tonsilits. Recently my dentist noticed more dental caries (cavities) in mouth. It also feels that my nose is congested slightly, although it is clean. I feel a lot of stress because of it therefore can't sleep, relax and sweat during the night (I used to sweat previously but now it feels to be more excessive). I visited a lot of dermatologists they say that it is acne/psoriasis and I am fine. However I am looking for a second opinion. My wife has also started to develop similar rashes on her faces and has nasal obstruction. Please help. Please find pictures attached, rashes on penis and leg. One side of penis glans feels oversensitive still. I was tested negative for all STDs. What would you recommend I should do next? Should I visit another doctor (of which specialty) or should I perform any other test? Your help is highly appreciated, I am worried sick.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
# Hi
There does appear to b fine red papules over d glans penis. This is common in sexually active people, and could b due to a hypersensitive reaction to Candida ( A fungal element commonly found in genitalia).
U could try topical antifungal creams such as Clotrimazole/ Miconazole over d glans penis twice daily for 2 weeks.
U don't have to use any special soaps or antiseptics to wash d affected area, as it could lead to irritant contact dermatitis.
Regarding d lesions on d face, they appear to b simple acne.
U could use a salicylic acid based face wash once daily, and apply Benzoyl peroxide 5% gel over d pimples for 1-2 hrs daily in d evening.
U could get ur fasting and post prandial blood sugar levels checked.

| 

Thank you for your answer doctor. Doctors performed test regarding candida and they did not find any on the penis, however there was candida in my mouth. My blood levels were normal, with white blood cells slightly above and vitamin d deficiency. I also had ulcers in mouth come and go. Upon an internet search I came up with sarcoidosis. Can we rule sarcoidosis out? Does these lesions look like sarcoidosis? I also forgot to mention that I had red dots around my trunks which transformed to almost invisible white scars. Plus I feel very exhausted lately. As mentioned papules on penis are gone. Looking forward to your answer.

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

# Hi
Sarcoidosis is a rare disorder and is more or less asymptomatic.
D only way to confirm it would b by doin a skin biopsy.
However, ur clinical lesions do not appear to b related to sarcoidosis.
As d lesions r clearing by themselves, u shouldn't panic any further.
Do look into physical and mental stressors wit regards to exhaustion

|