Q. Do the lesions on my penis and legs look like they are due to sarcoidosis?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 21, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 05, 2021

I have rashes for four to five months. They do not cause itching or burning. They are simply displeasing to watch. During that time, I was diagnosed with tonsillitis. Recently, my dentist noticed some dental caries inside my mouth. I feel to have nasal congestion although it is clean. I have a lot of stress and I am not able to sleep. I have sweating at night. I consulted a lot of dermatologists and they told me that it as acne or psoriasis. I am looking for a second opinion. My wife also started to have similar rashes on her face and has nasal obstruction. I am attaching the picture. I have rashes on my penis and leg. One side of my penis seems to be oversensitive. I got tested for STD and the results were negative. What to do? Should I need to perform some tests?

#

You seem to have fine papules over the glans penis. This is common in sexually active people and it can occur due to a hypersensitive reaction to candida. It is a fungal element found in genitalia. You can use topical antifungal creams such as Clotrimazole or Miconazole over the glans penis twice daily for two weeks. Do not use special soaps or antiseptics to wash the affected area as it can lead to irritant contact dermatitis. Regarding the lesions on the face, you have simple acne. You can use a Salicyclic acid based face wash once daily. You can apply Benzoyl peroxide five percent gel over the pimples for one to two hours daily in the evening. You can check your fasting and postprandial blood sugar levels.

My doctor performed some tests regarding candida. But they did not find anything on the penis. But I had candida inside my mouth. The blood levels were normal with high levels of white blood cells. I had vitamin D deficiency. I also had some ulcers in my mouth. I searched online and it came as sarcoidosis. Do I need to rule out sarcoidosis? Do these lesions look like sarcoidosis? Also, I had some red dots around my trunk and they have turned to invisible white scars. I feel very exhausted. My papules present on my penis were gone now. Please suggest.

#

Sarcoidosis is a rare disorder and it is more or less asymptomatic. You can confirm it by doing a skin biopsy. Your clinical lesions do not appear as sarcoidosis. As these lesions getting cleared by themselves, you do not need to worry. Have physical and mental stressors for exhaustion.

|