Q. I have a very painful tongue with red and white sores after oral sex. Why?

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar
Hello! I am a 39 year old female. I currently am taking Prednisone, cymbalta, hydroxy chloroquine. I have been trying to get help for almost a year. I had oral sex with my boyfriend, and as soon as it was over my throat closed up the very next day and my mouth was white. I have a very painful tongue and red and white sore that appear on the tongue only.
#

Hi!

Thanks for providing a brief history. The most probable possibilty out there is you have a oral thrush or oral candidiasis. This is an opportunistic infection and usually does make your entire oral cavity go white with tongue being the most affected part.

The second reason why i am considering this is because you are on prednisone which is similar to a immunosuppressive therapy and exposure to any sorts can invite a opportunistic infection such as that caused by candida albicans.

I would recommend you to start using tab fluconazole 200mg once in the morning and evening after food for next 10 days. In additiom, oral candid mouth gargles or mouth paint is available. This contains clotrimazole and is an antifungal chiefly meant against candida albicans.

I would advice you to wait for next 1 weeks to 10 days and avoid any exposure for next 2 weeks.

I hope i have answered your query. If there is anything more that you need to enquire, please do let us know and we will get back to you ASAP. Warm regards.

|