Q. I have multiple skin lumps on the elbow. What could they be?

This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 19, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have had these multiple skin lumps on the very tip of my elbow for a couple of years now. I have attached the photos for your reference. They look like a wart but are clustered together. Every medication I have used on them has done absolutely nothing. Recently, they have begun to grow and become sensitive. My elbow feels tender right above them. What could they be? I am currently on 75 mg Zoloft, 50 mg Seroquel and 1 mg Ativan (only when required).

#

• These might be the lesion of sarcoidosis, lupus vulgaris or nodular xanthoma (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • The only histopathological examination could confirm the diagnosis, so I would suggest you go for the one.
  • A punch biopsy is the most preferred technique for taking the sample and is relatively painless.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|