Q. Can you suggest a medicine for wet feeling in the anus?

Published on Mar 07, 2018

I have some wet feeling in the anus for the past one year. I had both colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy. The doctor said everything is fine. They said probably the wet feeling is due to sweat. But, I feel it is some liquid discharge from the anus skin. Can you suggest some medication?

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

HI,

I have read your concern.

• It is better to take discharge over swab and send it for culture and sensitivity. If you have any growth over it, then get treated based on the sensitivity.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

Please find the enclosed culture and sensitivity report. Kindly suggest the suitable medication.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have read your query and read your given report (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems that you have perianal abscess or fistula-in-ano, which is discharging this pus and giving you wet feeling. Klebsiella pneumonia is a common cause of this kind of abscess.
  • On the basis of sensitivity report, I would suggest you tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin and Clavulanate potassium) three times a day for five days if you are not allergic to this and after consulting your general practitioner.
  • I would also recommend you to take a second opinion from nearby surgeon to re-examine your problem and do the needful for you.

| 

Which drug works better for throat infection,Augmentin or Azithromycin?

Query: Hello doctor, Which drug works better for throat infection, Augmentin or Azithromycin?  Read Full »

Ayurvedic Management of Anal Fistula

Article Overview: This article discusses in detail about kshar sutra, a unique therapy and a minimal invasive para surgical measure practiced in the management of anal fistula or Bhagandara cases.  Read Article

Dr. Gandhidas S Lavekar

The Kshara karma is one of the Anushastra karma, a minimal invasive para-surgical measure. Ksharsutra is the method of Ksharakarma mainly employed in fistula-in-ano (anal fistula) and hemorrhoids (piles). This unique method has many advantages over conventional surgical methods, as this is an ambula...  Read Article

Can you take Tylenol with Amoxicillin?

Query: Hi doctor, Yesterday, I had my wisdom tooth extracted. I received a prescription for Tylenol 3 (equivalent to Acetaminophen 300 mg and Codeine 30 mg) for pain and Amoxicillin (500 mg) to prevent infection. I immediately took one Amoxicillin as I walked out of the dental office and for the rest of th...  Read Full »