Last week, my hCG count was 89.0 mIU/mL. The doctor I consulted said that I have to do one more test after a week to say whether the pregnancy is viable. Today I checked again, and it has become 3276 mIU/mL. Is it viable now? I am 20 days delayed to my actual period, and I already have a child, who is 6 years old.
I was asked to take a double Doppler test. And I got the result just now. What does it say Doctor. It says increased risk. So I am worried. Can you please go through the same and explain in layman terms.
Thank you so much. Waiting for your reply.
dear Suz ,
The particular test tells you about the risk of having downs syndrome that can be detected by a blood test.
A cut off below 1 in 250 is high risk.
In your case it's 1 in 2 that is 50% chance that baby is affected.
You must get an amniocentesis , that is tapping of water from the water around the baby and testing it's chromosome. it will confirm whether baby has the disease.
if the baby is affected by Downs you will be given option of termination.
kindly do it
I am currently in my 20 th week of pregnancy. I have this frequent urge to go to the loo. So my gynec doc here asked me to get my urine cultured. She said that only if there is any infection , I need to meet her. I didn't understand if there is any infection or not from the report as it's not explicitly mentioned. Could you please go through the report and tell me if there is an infection or not. Thank you so much Doctor.
there is infection Suz. any infection in pregnancy needs treatment.
your doc has done the right thing of sending for culture.
Ask your doctor if you can take Tab. Martifur 100 mg thrice daily.
Take plenty of fluids. cranberry juice. Take citralka syrup thrice daily with water. meanwhile
My due date is on 21st October. I met my doctor here on July 25th last. She had checked using ultra sound and had told me that every thing is fine and asked me to meet her this month on 25th for the next regular checkup. This morning, I saw white creamy secretion on my panties. White secretion was coming very often. But today it's a little more. Is it normal ? Should I meet my doctor here ? The movement of the Baby is as usual. No bad smell or itching in my virginal area.
Thanking you for your time.
it's better to get yourself checked..
internally by your Gynecologist.
and see if there's infection
Dear Dr ,
I had done bariatic surgery- gastric sleeve, around 2 years back. So I am unable to eat more than 4 mouthfuls. So I eat every 2 hours. The last period date was Jan 5th 2017. In February I had 74.7 kg. Currently I have 78.9 kg. Is it a healthy weight gain? My delivery date is on oct 21.
Best Regards ,
Suz as far as your baby's growth is appropriate , I wouldn't be worried. look at it's growth n the scans if normal according to your doctor stay happy.
the procedure of sleeve surgery leaves only a part of your stomach so you'll face trouble in eating.
I have two questions. I am in my 8th month. My due date is on Oct 21st.
1. I feel pressure on the lower abdomen while in upright position. Is it normal ?? I am supposed to meet my doctor here inn saturday. Should I see her before that??
2. I read on the net that consuming high sodium food will lead to preeclampsia. I had high sodium food , pork Bakwa , today. That too had 3 * 125 gm sachets of cured pork bakwa. Will having too much sodium infused food one night, cause preeclampsia?? I didn't have any hypertension or any complications during my first pregnancy 7 years back. And so far, my BP has been Normal. Is it ok ? Just worried.
Hi Suz ,
pressure in the lower abdomen if associated with pain or leaking from vagina is a cause of worry. otherwise should be fine .
2. overnight pre eclampsia cannot occur. it's a process which involves multiple organs. so takes time.
the relationship between sodium and pre eclampsia is not firmly established.
also try to avoid such high salty foods next time.
I am in my 35th week of pregnancy. My due date is approximately oct 20th. While opening the car door today, it was a lil stick and while pulling it with force, it hit the right sidebar of my tummy. Is it ok ? Or should I worry about it? Is my baby safe ?
unless there is pain or bleeding or leaking from vagina
, there shouldn't be any cause of worry.
I think it's ok according to your symptoms.
If pain persists visit your Gynecologist
First and foremost, thank you for replying promptly whenever I sent any query , when I was expecting. I delivered a healthy baby girl, Mia, on 10th Oct. Thank you Dr for the online medical support whenever I panicked about any thing.
I had a couple of doubts.
1. Dr, I underwent sterilization via B/L flop ring application. Is it 100% safe?. Is there ever a chance to get pregnant again?. I really hope not.
2. When can I have sex again?. How long should I wait after the surgery , before having sex?
3. I apply soap in my vaginal area quite often. So that area has become quite dry. Is there any thing which I can use instead of soap to clean the vaginal area?
4. When can I start exercising, after a c - section? Should I lie down most of the time and take rest?
1. No contraceptive method is hundred percent effective. there is nearly 2 to 3 in 100 chances to fail.
2. Anything After childbirth it's better to allow 2 months gap. it's just because the time for tissues to get back to pre pregnancy state.
3. you use v wah or inti wash around the vagina during bath and clean yourself
4. You can do simple exercises in a month. but avoid heavy exercise weight lifting for at least 6 months as you've undergone ceasarean
Was this answer helpful?
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. have recurrent infection, I would suggest to do investigations first.
Currently, I suggest tablet Amoxicillin plus Clavulanic acid (Co-amoxiclav) 625 mg three times a day for seven days .. ... Read full
.. for having conceived.
Ideally a single dose of Norfloxacin would not affect the conception in any way. But, it should be discontinued as it is a category C drug where risks have to be weighed against benefits before usage in pregnancy.
So, please ... Read full
Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.