Q. How can persistent cough in a young child be treated?

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara
Published on Jan 03, 2018

My 4-year-old daughter has a lingering cough for the past two months. Is it true that if the child is not dewormed, symptoms of a cough and wheezing persist?

#

Always it is advisable that the child is dewormed every six months.

Bandy-Plus (Ivermectin and Albendazole) 5 mL once in the night after meals.

Since the child is having a cough for two months, it is advisable to have an X-ray of the chest.

Does your child have a history of fever or breathlessness? If present, it will require evaluation.

Review after two days.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

| 

I had given a wrong dosage of Albendazole to my baby. Is there a problem?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby is 1 year 2 months old. The doctor prescribed Albendazole 5 ml-5 ml two doses in half an hour interval but by mistake, I had given 10 ml-10 ml dose of Albendazole. So, is there any problem?  Read Full »

My son is 4.5 years old. He is complaining of a weird tickling feeling. Please help.

Query: Dear Doctor, My son is 4.5 years old. Since the last 2 months, he is complaining about a weird tickling feeling in stomach, penis and anus. Please help.  Read Full »

I am coughing from the past 14 days, do I need a chest x-ray?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a persistent cough for 14 days. I feel something like phlegm, but I am not able to spit it out. I feel shortness of breath also. The doctor has diagnosed bronchitis, but I want to be sure about it. My doctor told me that there is no need for taking an x-ray, do you think t...  Read Full »