Q. I have a feeling of something stuck in my throat. Please help.

Dr. Noushif M
Published on Oct 17, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

I have acidity and I feel like something is stuck in my throat and have inflammation.

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgery Medical Gastroenterology Surgical Gastroenterology
#

You have severe pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat). It is highly possible due to the reflux of acid from the stomach.

You need to take some precautions:

1. Avoid food items like spicy foods, excess coffee, fried foods, etc.
  2. Avoid eating to a full stomach, rather prefer frequent small feeds.
  3. Have only a light dinner, that too at least an hour before you go to bed.
  4. You can take Pantocid-D (a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone) tablets twice daily 30 minutes before food for three days. Avoid taking them for prolonged periods.

Please review with me after three days so that I can guide you further. Good luck.

Revert after three days to a surgical gastroenterologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/surgical-gastroenterologist

I have severe throat pain. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I feel as though I may have Streptococcus infection or tonsillitis. I have been fine healthwise. All of a sudden this morning I woke up with severe throat pain. I am Type A Streptococcus. When I had Streptococcus infection, my lymph nodes never hurt too much and they were never too swolle...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »

Can severe acid reflux turn my teeth translucent, and cause gums to recede?

Query: Hi doctor, Lately, I noticed that my teeth are not the best looking. I had acid reflux. I looked up a lot of stuff about acid in the mouth, and looking at my teeth I think this is what is happening. My teeth started turning translucent two weeks ago. When I looked it up, it said that it could occur...  Read Full »

Ask a Surgical Gastroenterologist Now