Q. How to retract the tight foreskin without circumcision?

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I have a tight foreskin, and I would like to retract it without circumcision. Would you please prescribe me a cream for the same and something for the sensitivity on the head of the penis?

#

Thanks for writing in and I understand your concern.

This condition is phimosis. I suggest applying Hydrocortisone cream 1%. It is available over-the-counter in any pharmacy. Apply it twice daily on the foreskin and rub it well. Start retraction gradually after two weeks till you get complete retraction after six weeks.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks for the reply. Which Hydrocortisone cream do I have to buy? There are many types available. And what can I use once it is retracted because it is really sensitive that I do not like touching the head?

#

Hydrocortisone cream is manufactured by different companies in different countries. So as long as the composition is Hydrocortisone, it will be fine. If Lycor (Hydrocortisone) 1% or Dermovate (Clobetasol) cream is available in your local pharmacy, I suggest you use that. There is no need to touch the glans to retract the foreskin.

|