Q. I have phimosis. Will sex be a problem for me?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Feb 23, 2021

I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?

#

Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin is tight around the glans penis or the soft tip of the penis. I am sure you have not consulted any doctors for the same. I would suggest you get it examined.

The problem is that, when you are aroused at the time of sex, the size of penis increases and the skin will not come up at all. The pleasure of sex is when the glans rubs in the vaginal wall.

Your partner will have no problem, but you may not get all the pleasure, as the skin or foreskin covering the glans will block the stimulation of glans. Either you will have premature ejaculation (inability to hold back the semen or control ejaculation) or erection problem.

Another issue is that if you or your partner forcibly pushes the foreskin back in the heat of the moment, the skin may get stuck and form a tight ring around the glans just like a bangle at the wrist.

The skin may not return, blocking the blood flow to the tip, every minute the glans gradually starts swelling and changing in color to purple or bluish. It is very painful, and if left untreated, leads to irreversible damage to the glans. The condition is called paraphimosis.

Circumcision is the best solution. Circumcision or removing the skin over the glans surgically is the best and only solution for phimosis. This is a simple, painless procedure done by a general surgeon.

It can be done under local anesthesia, with no blood loss and no need for admission. You cannot have sex till it heals. But after that, your sexual time will gradually increase.

For further information consult an Urologist --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|