Q. I have phimosis. Will sex be a problem for me?

Published on Nov 18, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2019

I have phimosis. I am ashamed to have sex with my fiance. Will sex be a problem or uncomfortable in future? Is there any solution other than surgery?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin is tight around the glans penis or the soft tip of the penis. I am sure you have not consulted any doctors for the same. I would suggest you get it examined.

The problem is that, when you are aroused at the time of sex, the size of penis increases and the skin will not come up at all. The pleasure of sex is when the glans rubs in the vaginal wall.

Your partner will have no problem, but you may not get all the pleasure, as the skin or foreskin covering the glans will block the stimulation of glans. Either you will have premature ejaculation (inability to hold back the semen or control ejaculation) or erection problem.

Another issue is that if you or your partner forcibly pushes the foreskin back in the heat of the moment, the skin may get stuck and form a tight ring around the glans just like a bangle at the wrist.

The skin may not return, blocking the blood flow to the tip, every minute the glans gradually starts swelling and changing in color to purple or bluish. It is very painful and if left untreated, leads to irreversible damage to the glans. The condition is called paraphimosis.

Ciscumcision is the Best Solution

Circumcision or removing the skin over the glans surgically is the best and only solution for phimosis. This is a simple, painless procedure done by a general surgeon.

It can be done under local anesthesia, with no blood loss and no need for admission. You cannot have sex till it heals. But after that, your sexual time will gradually increase.

For further information consult an Urologist --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Phimosis (Tight Foreskin): Causes, Symptoms, and Treatments

Article Overview: Phimosis is caused when the foreskin is too small and it becomes difficult to pull it over. Get immediate help if you have pain and difficulty urinating. Read Article

Dr. Vasantha K S
Urologist

The prepuce (foreskin) is a double-layered tissue that forms the anatomical covering of the glans penis in males. In certain conditions, the prepuce is too tight and does not slide over the glans and is stuck in one place, either over the tip or behind. What Are Phimosis and Paraphimosis? When the...  Read Article

Was my circumcision botched?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male, and I was circumcised as a baby, and I noticed years ago that all around the base of the head of my penis, there are small holes. Every few months I can squeeze a small amount of smelly white stuff, from some of these holes. Was my circumcision botched when I w...  Read Full »

Foreskin Is Swollen Like A Balloon After Frenuloplasty. Is This Normal?

Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I had to have a frenuloplasty. I had to have a general anaesthetic. I woke up and never got any advice off the urologist because I never saw him after the procedure. The nurse who discharged me told me to take off the dressing in the morning and wash the wound and the foreskin tw...  Read Full »