Q. I have acne on the penis body, and my foreskin does not go up quickly. Please help.

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

I am a 23-years-old male, and recently, I have noticed that when I pull my foreskin down below the corona of the penis, there is a small acne-like thing on the body of my penis which pains when I get an erection. While I am wearing pants, there is very little pain that keeps going on until I focus on it. But I am not sure if the pain is due to this acne. Sometimes I feel it is a bit down near the starting of the penis. Sometimes I think it is the acne, and even I do have white spots. I guess it is Fordyce spots that I have read to be normal. Please let me know about this.

#

The Fordyce spots are regular as you have read and are small whitish spots covering penile skin anywhere. There is no treatment recommended, and for prevention, nothing other than proper hygiene. Regarding acne, it can cause pain. Mostly it is due to infection and inflammation. For this acne, you can use an antibiotic, tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin 500 mg and Clavulanic acid 125 mg) thrice daily for a week. I hope this will resolve the issue. Please take a picture of the acne in the subsequent follow-up, and if you have any more queries, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind Regards.

Thank you doctor for the advice,

There are some more issues which I am facing. Sometimes, the foreskin does not go up properly, and when I defecate, I feel like urinating. While sitting, there is an intense heaviness at the tip of my penis. After urinating, I feel like urinating again, and nowadays, I think that the end of my penis is having a burning and itchy sensation. Also, my penile head is too sensitive to touch; is it normal? I have attached a few pictures. The first picture is of white Fordyce spots on the tip and the foreskin, and I hope it is Fordyce only and there is nothing to worry. The following three pictures are about discoloration, and the fifth and sixth picture is the acne. The last picture is of the red veins. My penis too veiny. Is that normal?

#

I will try to describe it all in detail, and I hope it benefits you.

When the foreskin does not go up quickly, the condition is called phimosis. I suggest Hydrocortisone cream to apply on foreskin and glans twice daily for six weeks, as this will help widen the foreskin, and you can retract it easier. When you defecate, there is pressure in your stomach, and you will have this feeling. Burning sensation at the tip of the penis describes the possibility of fungal infection, and for that, you can use Canesten cream (Clotrimazole) twice daily for a week.

Glans is sensitive that is normal as you have not circumcised. The pictures of the penis are all normal, so do not worry.

I suggest Canesten cream. After that, give a week gap and then start Hydrocortisone cream as suggested.

I hope all is well and this will cure your issues.

In case of any other queries, please get back to me.

Kind Regards.

|