Q. What is the treatment for tight foreskin that causes pain on pulling back?

Dr. Samer Samer Juma Ali Altawil

My foreskin is stuck, and it is not going down. If I try to pull it down, it causes pain and rashes. I am a diabetic person and currently under medication for diabetes.

#

I read your query and understand your concern.

This condition is called phimosis, and treatment options are medical and surgical.

So let us start with medical treatment. Here are my suggestions for you-

1. You can apply a steroidal cream like Betnovate 1 % (Betamethasone Valerate) thrice daily for six weeks.

2. You can start pulling the foreskin after two weeks gradually up to full retraction after six weeks.

I hope this treatment will work well with you.

If you have any more queries, please let me know.

Kind regards.

|