Q. My penis itches with foul smell and yellowish discharge. What to do?

Dr. C Sharath Kumar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jan 28, 2021

I started to have itching in my penis before two days back. I checked my prepuce and found it to be reddish. little thick and inflamed. I had a foul smell and yellowish discharge present below the glans. A few months back, I saw a urologist for testicular pain where the initial examination was done. The doctor told me that I have spermatic cord swelling and after a month, it was diagnosed as an epididymal cyst. I returned to a cold place where I washed my penis with very cold water. For this itching, I consulted a doctor and he suggested to take tablet Augmentin, tablet Chymoral and told me to apply ointment Surfaz on the glans and prepuce.

#

You have developed balanoposthitis. Balanitis is an inflammation of the head of the penis. Balanoposthitis is an inflammation affecting both the penis head and the foreskin. Both can result in pain and swelling. It causes difficulty to retract the foreskin causing Phimosis. The causes are infections such as fungal infections and yeast infections, sexually transmitted diseases like chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes, HPV (human papillomavirus), syphilis, trichomoniasis, chancroid.

Chronic balanitis (balanitis xerotica obliterans) can also be caused due to eczema, psoriasis, injuries, itching, irritations caused by rubbing or scratching, exposure to chemicals, use of latex condoms, and diabetes. Treatment depends on the cause. It requires antibiotics, steroid creams, or antifungal creams. In extreme cases, the foreskin has to be removed by a surgery called circumcision. Apply Onabet B Cream (Sertaconazole with Beclomethasone) over the penis head. The best treatment is circumcision.

Do blood test, TC, DC, ESR, Hb, RBS
HBsAg, VDRL, HIV, TORCH Panel, and Urinalysis Routine .

Please do the above tests and send the report

I have not done any kind of sexual activity till now. I started applying Surfaz cream over the prepuce and glans. Please say whether I can narrow it. Please suggest.

#

Its fine and do a routine blood test. Kindly revert back.

|