Q. My 3-year-old daughter has skin allergy in face. Please suggest ointment.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

I have a daughter of 3 years old. Recently since four days, I have noticed on her face a small patches more of like skin allergy. I am attaching her picture which shows her allergy on the left upper lips and cheeks. Kindly advise ointment for her, as we live out of the country. So you are requested to prescribe an ointment. I have used Derma due ointment and even virgin coconut oil but there is no use.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

This seems to be a type of Sun-induced dermatitis commonly present in children. Apply sunscreen like Photostable regularly twice daily over the face eg, at 8:00 AM and 12:00 PM. Apply any moisturizer repeatedly. You can apply Mometasone or Hydrocortisone cream over the lesion once-daily for 10 days only and then stop this cream.

| 

But she rarely goes into the sun. As we stay in the middle east, maximum we stay indoors, hardly she goes to the balcony. I request you to post the picture of ointment so that the same combination alternative I would buy from here.

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

#

Sun-induced photodermatitis or PMLE (polymorphic light eruption) can occur in children even on minimal exposure to sunlight and even due to indoor lighting. Nonetheless, you can apply Eumosone M cream instead of the earlier written cream along with sunscreen and moisturizer. There is no provision to add a picture here, but you can search on the internet for Eumosone M cream. It is a combination of Clobetasone and Miconazole.

| 

Will mineral sunscreen give both protective and cosmetic benefits?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know the benefits of using mineral sunscreen. What is a mineral sunscreen? How does mineral sunscreen differ from the chemical kind? What are the biggest benefits of using mineral sunscreen? What should you look for in a mineral sunscreen if you want to ensure you are ...  Read Full »

How to Select a Sunscreen?

Article Overview: The most common questions in dermatological practice are which sunscreen to use and while going out in the sun what are the sun protection measures. The answers are here in this article. Read Article

Ultraviolet radiation like UVA and UVB has been well documented to have multiple effects on human skin. It not only causes skin cancer, but also cutaneous aging like seborrheic keratosis, photomelanosis (pigmentation on sun exposed parts), wrinkles, polymorphous light eruption, melasma, freckles, le...  Read Article

Kindly suggest a face wash, sunscreen lotion and overnight cream for oily skin.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old boy and my face is very oily during summer while in winters it is quite dry. In summers, a lot of oil pops out with white heads on my face. Even a short-term sun exposure tans my skin. I am also suffering from the problem of dark spots. Kindly suggest a face wash, su...  Read Full »