HomeAnswersOphthalmology (Eye Care)photosensitivityWhat causes sudden blurred vision and light sensitivity?

What does sudden blurred near vision and light sensitivity indicate?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At January 11, 2017
Reviewed AtJuly 4, 2023

Patient's Query

Around six years ago, I used 0.50 power spectacles for sudden blurred near vision. The same thing happened yesterday. Again, I am feeling sensitivity to light now. There is no pain, fever or eye itching.

Photophobia or light sensitivity and blurring of near vision could indicate dry eyes ,Computer vision syndrome. Uveitis or intraocular inflammation, Ocular migraine and Idiopathic or unknown cause. While first two are benign conditions and resolve with the use of lubricating eye drops, the third condition warrants a targeted therapy. Also, you need to rule out any refractive error or glass numbers as that is the common cause of blurring, but not light sensitivity. It is best to visit you local ophthalmologist and look out for redness and recurrence of this episode.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan
Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Ask your health query to a doctor online

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy