Q. What does sudden blurred near vision and light sensitivity indicate?

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar
Published on Jan 11, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 19, 2019

Around six years ago, I used 0.50 power spectacles for sudden blurred near vision. The same thing happened yesterday. Again, I am feeling sensitivity to light now. There is no pain, fever or eye itching.

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• Photophobia or light sensitivity and blurring of near vision could indicate one of the following conditions:
  1. Dry eyes.
  2. Computer vision syndrome.
  3. Uveitis or intraocular inflammation.
  4. Ocular migraine.
  5. Idiopathic or unknown cause.
  • While first two are benign conditions and resolve with the use of lubricating eye drops, the third condition warrants a targeted therapy.
  • Also, you need to rule out any refractive error or glass numbers as that is the common cause of blurring, but not light sensitivity.
  • It is best to visit you local ophthalmologist and look out for redness and recurrence of this episode.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Why do I have eye pain even after using new glasses?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having dry eyes problem since last four years due to regular eight hours computer use. There is burning also sometimes and reading puts stress on eyes. I consulted a doctor and started using Softdrops daily 3 to 4 times before computer use, and taking Retinox tablets periodically...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of dry eyes (computer vision syndrome). There is no permanent cure for dryness. Power on both your eyes is negligible (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In my opinion, if there is no headache then you can avoid these glasse...  Read Full

How can we treat dry eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have a problem with vehicle sounds. When I hear a loud noise, I feel very stressed. I sit on computers for long hours. I also have dry eyes problem. I went to an ophthalmologist. He gave me eye drops. Please advice.  Read Full >>

Dr. Manish Mahabir
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be suffering from computer vision syndrome. In this case, there is a deficiency in tear film due to less frequent blinking and stress of working on a screen. Another possibility is dryness or insufficient tear film production. It is diagnosed with a Schirmer's...  Read Full

I have dry eyes after a LASIK surgery. Is there some medication I can try?

Query: Hi doctor,About two years ago, I did LASIK surgery to correct short-sightedness. I recovered from it and have a normal vision now. The trouble note is my eyes gets dry soon. And sometimes when I wake up I cannot even open my eyes as it is too dry and I need to keep it closed until it waters which ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry, but there is no permanent treatment or cure for dry eyes, but yes with treatment, your life will become comfortable. To treat dry eyes, we need to find the type and severity of dry eyes. The type of dry eyes is established by the clinical examination of the...  Read Full