Q. I am unable to see bright lights with frequent headaches. What is the problem?

Answered by Dr. Sankaran Mathangee and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Phototoxicity or Headache? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am unable to look at the sunlight for six to seven seconds before three and a half weeks ago. The sun was behind a cloud and was not very bright. It looked like a white golf ball in the sky. I get mild headaches every day caused by bright lights and the lights at night such as street lights. Also, my nearsightedness got a little worse and sometimes takes a long time to focus on things. I do not have any white or black spots viewed on my vision. I went to an optometrist and an ophthalmologist. Both said that there are no signs of damage to my eyes and my eyes are stressed too much. They told me that everything would be fine in due time. What is wrong with me? I am tired of these little headaches every day. I also work outside all the day.