Q. I am unable to lose my weight due to the habit of eating raw rice. How to quit it?

Dr. Dwipannita Kalita
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: Nov 27, 2020
Please tell me how i can stop eating raw rice, loose weight and grow taller.

Hello I am 13 years old female I have just turned 13 last month and I am very addicted to eating raw rice. I have had this problem since very small and I have tried several methods I have searched online that I have PICA disorder and i have done many things like substituting with snacks and excursive to loose weight but none seems to work. Right now I am trying my hardest to loose weight but i feel like due to consumption of raw rice all my effort is not working. Although i have lowered my amounts taking raw rice it is still and and i feel like due to weight gain i am not growing taller I am 152cm is it normal? My parents already know about this matter and have tried several things including punishing me to stop but no matter what i always find my self eating. please give me advises to loose weight about my height problem and how i can stop eating raw rice
#

Hi Sadiah, Thank you for consulting at icliniq. Since you already know you have Pica, and have weight problem because of eating raw rice, this disorder is usually due to iron deficiency anemia. Of course raw rice has more calories which is leading to your weight gain and also sometimes it can contain a bacteria Bacillus Cerus which can lead to food poisoning too. Pica can be caused sometimes by psychological problems too which might need behaviour and aversion therapy. As for your height, it’s totally depends of your ethnicity and also genetics as well as nutritional deficiency but not on weight of a person. I would suggest you to get a complete blood count test and follow up with reports. Hope I was able to help you and will be happy to help you further. Thank you and stay safe.

Complete blood count

Asap with reports

|