Q. Is it possible to cure piles permanently without surgery?

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Last reviewed at: Dec 30, 2018

I thought that I had hemorrhoids because I feel bulge at my anus, that is poking me around my anus, and it is irritating me while sitting, walking, standing causing itchiness though I did not see any skin tag. I am only 19 years old boy and I weigh about 52 kg, my height is 5.4 feet. I do not want any surgery, but I want to get cured of this piles permanently without any surgery.

#

First of all, you should be confirmed that it is hemorrhoids. If it is external or internal hemorrhoids, external cause pain and internal cause bleeding. Also, let me know if you have constipation. If yes, use capsule Colace 100 mg BID and avoid constipation, take a sitz bath twice daily. Sitz bath is simple. Take warm water in the tub and sit in it for 20 minutes, do this procedure for 15 days. If it does not improve, get it checked with some doctor to see if really there are hemorrhoids or something else.

28 days after a piles surgery, I am bleeding through the stools. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of piles. 28 days ago, I had a surgery. Now, there is a slight bleeding through the stool. What can I do? Please tell me.  Read Full >>

Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma
General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minimal bleeding after recent piles operation is not very uncommon. It is very important to keep your stools soft. Please take good amounts of fruits, vegetables, and fluids to keep the motion soft. If required, you may take medication also as per the doctor's advise. ...  Read Full

I am getting hemorrhoids at least twice a month. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I am getting hemorrhoids often. Even this month, I got hemorrhoids twice. I would like to know, why is it so often for me? I do eat fruits every day, and I do not have constipation. I am 20 years old, and my weight is 59 kg. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Medhun Kumar
General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear your problem. The first thing is that I need to know a few more details about your problem. Are you getting hemorrhoids or something else? Because bleeding while passing stools are not due to hemorrhoids alone. And suppose, if you got hemorrhoids, then it ...  Read Full

Does constipation cause burning sensation in anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a burning sensation in anus after bowel movements for past one week. There is no blood discharge and poop was soft. I avoid eating spicy foods. The burning sensation lasts for hours.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akant Kaushal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of burning sensation in anus following stools will be the consumption of spicy food. Another cause can be constipation, which can cause fissures around the anus. If this is the condition, apply Diltiazem gel 2 % three to four times a day for se...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now