Q. What to do for bleeding piles?

Dr. Abhishek Dixit
Published on Jul 22, 2016

I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

General Medicine Internal Medicine Nephrology
#

• Are you a donor or a recipient?
  • I suggest you apply Smuth cream (Lignocaine) for pain and take a sitz bath. Does it bleed? Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a nephrologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I am the recipient. My piles bleeding, paining and itching in a very bad condition. I have more trouble, especially at the time of motion. I had piles problem before my transplant and now the trouble is more. My doctor suggested an operation for piles. But, my nephrologist is hesitating to allow me for this operation.

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

#

• Since you are recently operated and you are suffering from piles, I would suggest you to avoid constipation at all times.
  • Use Lactifiber 2 scoops with 1 glass of water at bedtime. If it still persists, then you can use tablet Cremalax (Sodium picosulfate).
  • In the meanwhile, use Smuth or Anobliss cream (combination of Nifedipine and Lignocaine) for anesthetic effect and also Lignocaine jelly if the pain is unbearable. Continue sitz bath twice or thrice a day.
  • Keep checking your CBC - complete blood count regularly and avoid getting infections.

For further information consult a nephrologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

I have anal itching, pain and bleeding. I am embarrassed. Please help.

Query: Hi,I am approaching you since I am concerned about a situation regarding which I am very embarrassed.  I am a 43 year old female. I am normally healthy. I am 178cm tall and I weigh 75kg.  Around 9-12 months ago, I started to suffer from anal itching. It is rather intense at night, after passing s...  Read Full »

Why do I have vaginal tears after sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I had rough sex recently and it caused a tear in my vagina. When I use a mirror to examine myself I can see some of the cuts. It is near the entrance of my vaginal canal but not inside, positioned more towards my perineum. It has been healing for two days now and still really hurts. I...  Read Full »

Foreskin Is Swollen Like A Balloon After Frenuloplasty. Is This Normal?

Query: Hi doctor,Yesterday I had to have a frenuloplasty. I had to have a general anaesthetic. I woke up and never got any advice off the urologist because I never saw him after the procedure. The nurse who discharged me told me to take off the dressing in the morning and wash the wound and the foreskin tw...  Read Full »

Ask a Nephrologist Now