Q. I have two red spots at the site of pilonidal surgery. What are they?

Dr. Lalit Kumar Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 29, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 26, 2021

Before a year, I did a pilonidal surgery with a cleft lift procedure. Before a week, I got a slight pain in the same region in my lower back and it was a pimple. It was just a small one filled with pus. I used some home remedies by making a paste with baking soda, aloe vera, turmeric, and apple cider vinegar. I applied it to the area and I left it for one to hours every day. It worked on me and my pimple got disappeared. Now it has been five days. After five days, the area has become red with two new small spots. What is this? Please help me.

#

You have undergone surgery for pilonidal sinus before a year. Now you have some pimples on the same site. It can occur due to infection. Maintain local hygiene. Shave your hair present in that area. I suggest you take some medicines to have some relief.

You seem to have a pilonidal sinus.

You can use a Sitz bath in luke water with Betadine two times a day. You can take tablet Augmentin 625 mg (Amoxicillin with Clavulanic acid) twice a day for five days. Take tablet Chymoral Forte (Trypsin Chymotrypsin) thrice a day for five days. Take tablet Serradic P (Diclofenac, Paracetamol, and Serratiopeptidase) twice a day for three days and capsule A to Z once a day for ten days.

|