Post Surgical Infection

Why do I have two red spots at the site of pilonidal surgery?

Query: Hello, I had a pilonidal surgery with the cleft lift procedure done an year ago. A week or two back I had a slight pain the same region on my lower back and it was a pimple, not a big one but just a small one, it looked the same! I felt like it was filled with pus. So i found some home remedies (a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: hello, don't worry I will help you regarding your problem. you underwent surgery for pilonidal sinus 1 year back now now you have 1 or 2 pimple at the same site. that may be due to infection of that local area. I will prescribe you some medicine. please maintain local hygiene shave your hair of th...  Read Full »

Can a person travel with an infected surgical site?

Query: Hello doctor, Two and a half weeks ago, I underwent an exploratory laparotomy that resulted in an appendectomy. Yesterday, I went to see my primary care physician who diagnosed a surgical site infection. I was given Cephalex three times per day for ten days. My question is about traveling with my cu...  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be very difficult for me to recommend anything without a clinical examination. The extent of wound infection would determine whether you could go or not. A mild infection which does not require a daily dressing will not hinder you from going. But if the infectio...  Read Full »

Is pus secretion from gallbladder bed after gallstone removal surgery a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has undergone a gallstone and uterus removal surgery simultaneously. From the day of operation, she is having pus secretion from the gall bladder bed. What may be the possible reasons behind this?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Sonal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your mother's complaints. Pus from the surgical site is worrisome. It may just be a surgical site infection, usually superficial and confined to the skin and it usually subsides with appropriate antibiotics. But since you have mentioned that the p...  Read Full »

My father who is a diabetic,underwent CABG and the wound is taking long time to heal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diabetic and had MI with a heart block. He underwent CABG surgery and sternal debridement before three years. The wound has not healed still now. He is on Meropenem 1000 mg medication, and Colistimethate Sodium is also being used. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your father is diabetic, he has low immunity against infection. Wound healing may take some time. Deep sternal wounds are very common after CABG (Coronary artery bypass grafting). Both antibiotics he is using are very powerful. If they are not effective, then I w...  Read Full »

I have a swelling after my ACL reconstruction surgery. What is the management?

Query: Hello doctor,I had the ACL reconstruction surgery of my right knee before five years. At the same time, the medial meniscus was completely repaired and lateral meniscus partially repaired. After some time doctor opened my bandage and the knee was healed nicely. I had been advised to do some physical...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly were you running fever three weeks post-surgery? Secondly, your first ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) were raised, but within my comfort zone as post-surgery, they will usually be built up to six weeks to three months. The se...  Read Full »

I had surgery to fix radial artery with ulnar damage. But, I did not recover the movements yet. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had an emergency surgery six months ago punched through a window right arm cut both arteries cut radial nerve with ulnar damage and cut bicep tendon nerves back now almost full thumbs up the only issue is bicep. My question is there something I can do to fix it like lengthening surger...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are saying it is already six months since the surgery and if you are doing regular physiotherapy, still has not gained much of the actions, then it is not worth waiting anymore. There are many muscle transfer surgeries which can give you the desired movements ...  Read Full »

After laparoscopy, my tummy has become extremely distended. Is it due to infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a laparoscopy done five weeks ago and also a D and C was done. When I woke up from it, I had an extremely distended abdomen. It was hot to touch and obviously swollen. I was told that this was from the oxygen they used. Since that night, my belly is always gurgling and distended. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your belly should have been normal by this time. If it is still swollen, then you should do an ultrasound test of the abdomen to see if there is any problem. For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »

Had pilonidal sinus surgery before two months. Why is it bleeding now?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from pilonidal sinus. I have been operated thrice in the last two years and the third operation has been successful. In the other two operations, the doctors left some of the sinus in. My main concern is that, it had been operated and healing well. It was stitched and the d...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As a matter of fact, the worst thing of pilonidal sinus is that it can be repeated after treatment including surgery. Since you have been operated lately, I would recommend you to go through a cure of antibiotics as a first try. Because, it may be an infection of the woun...  Read Full »

My dad died of multiple organ dysfunctions after a Whipple procedure. What was the cause of his death?

Query: Hi doctor,This query is regarding my dad, who was diagnosed with obstructive jaundice last year. He was admitted to a hospital, and the doctor examined my dad and told us that they need to perform a Whipple procedure on my dad. We did not ask for a second opinion, and we let them go ahead with the...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully gone through all your dad's reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all, I am sorry for your loss. I also feel saddened by your story as it could have been managed so much better. Consider it a help to just guide you regarding w...  Read Full »

Why is my baby not feeding properly after a major heart surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby, who is 1 month old, had a major heart surgery d-TGA on the 6th day of his birth. He was discharged on the 29th day. Now, he is 2.4 kg and at the time of his birth, he was 2.45 Kg. He cries too much and sleeps too much, but in both the occasion he takes very less feeding. We are m...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Mittal

Child Health Specialist, Medical Oncologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your baby had a major surgery and because of surgical trauma, his feeding and sleep pattern is disturbed. Regarding his fever, there is a possibility of some post-surgery infection. You have to consult your cardiologist and pediatrician as this is a major issue. Please co...  Read Full »