Post Surgical Infection

What could be the cause of the uncomfortable feeling near the cesarean stitches?

Query: Hi doctor, I had two cesarean stitches, which is just below the stomach. Yesterday morning I felt some uncomfortable feeling at the left end of the stitch. When I touch, it felt a bit hard. It is a throbbing and uncomfortable feeling.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for the query. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from an uncomfortable feeling at the left end of the stitch and felt hard. You had two cesarean sections, and the stitch is just below the stomach. Such clinical fe...  Read Full »

How long does it take for tissues to grow into the mesh after hernia surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My questions are related to da Vinci bilateral hernia repair with mesh. How long does it take for the tissues to completely grow into the mesh? What is the time window for rejection of the mesh after the surgery? What is the time window for developing infection after the surgery? Plea...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hernia surgery can be done with two approaches, open surgery or minimal access surgery. The minimal access approach includes either conventional laparoscopic surgery or robotic surgery. Healing allows fibrosis to occur in the surgery area and the extent of fibrosis is ...  Read Full »

My daughter has abdominal pain post appendectomy surgery with constipation. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 17 years old. She had an appendectomy a week ago and has been recovering nicely at home. I have minimal pain, no fevers, no swelling, and drain working normally. Today she woke up with severe cramping on her right side. She has not had a bowel movement yet today but has...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveed Ahmed Khan

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclniq.com. You have not mentioned whether your daughter had an open or a laparoscopic appendicectomy. From the history you gave, I can imagine the appendix must have been severely infected as the doctor has kept a drain postoperatively which is quite helpful to drain any remai...  Read Full »

Why do I have two red spots at the site of pilonidal surgery?

Query: Hello, I had a pilonidal surgery with the cleft lift procedure done an year ago. A week or two back I had a slight pain the same region on my lower back and it was a pimple, not a big one but just a small one, it looked the same! I felt like it was filled with pus. So i found some home remedies (a ...  Read Full »

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgeon

Answer: hello, don't worry I will help you regarding your problem. you underwent surgery for pilonidal sinus 1 year back now now you have 1 or 2 pimple at the same site. that may be due to infection of that local area. I will prescribe you some medicine. please maintain local hygiene shave your hair of th...  Read Full »

Can a person travel with an infected surgical site?

Query: Hello doctor, Two and a half weeks ago, I underwent an exploratory laparotomy that resulted in an appendectomy. Yesterday, I went to see my primary care physician who diagnosed a surgical site infection. I was given Cephalex three times per day for ten days. My question is about traveling with my cu...  Read Full »

Dr. Raghu

General Surgeon, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would be very difficult for me to recommend anything without a clinical examination. The extent of wound infection would determine whether you could go or not. A mild infection which does not require a daily dressing will not hinder you from going. But if the infectio...  Read Full »

Is pus secretion from gallbladder bed after gallstone removal surgery a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has undergone a gallstone and uterus removal surgery simultaneously. From the day of operation, she is having pus secretion from the gall bladder bed. What may be the possible reasons behind this?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Sonal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your mother's complaints. Pus from the surgical site is worrisome. It may just be a surgical site infection, usually superficial and confined to the skin and it usually subsides with appropriate antibiotics. But since you have mentioned that the p...  Read Full »

My father who is a diabetic,underwent CABG and the wound is taking long time to heal. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My father is diabetic and had MI with a heart block. He underwent CABG surgery and sternal debridement before three years. The wound has not healed still now. He is on Meropenem 1000 mg medication, and Colistimethate Sodium is also being used. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

Cardiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your father is diabetic, he has low immunity against infection. Wound healing may take some time. Deep sternal wounds are very common after CABG (Coronary artery bypass grafting). Both antibiotics he is using are very powerful. If they are not effective, then I w...  Read Full »

I have a swelling after my ACL reconstruction surgery. What is the management?

Query: Hello doctor,I had the ACL reconstruction surgery of my right knee before five years. At the same time, the medial meniscus was completely repaired and lateral meniscus partially repaired. After some time doctor opened my bandage and the knee was healed nicely. I had been advised to do some physical...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly were you running fever three weeks post-surgery? Secondly, your first ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) were raised, but within my comfort zone as post-surgery, they will usually be built up to six weeks to three months. The se...  Read Full »

I had surgery to fix radial artery with ulnar damage. But, I did not recover the movements yet. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,I had an emergency surgery six months ago punched through a window right arm cut both arteries cut radial nerve with ulnar damage and cut bicep tendon nerves back now almost full thumbs up the only issue is bicep. My question is there something I can do to fix it like lengthening surger...  Read Full »

Dr. Pavan N Murdeshwar

Cosmetologist, General Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are saying it is already six months since the surgery and if you are doing regular physiotherapy, still has not gained much of the actions, then it is not worth waiting anymore. There are many muscle transfer surgeries which can give you the desired movements ...  Read Full »

After laparoscopy, my tummy has become extremely distended. Is it due to infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a laparoscopy done five weeks ago and also a D and C was done. When I woke up from it, I had an extremely distended abdomen. It was hot to touch and obviously swollen. I was told that this was from the oxygen they used. Since that night, my belly is always gurgling and distended. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your belly should have been normal by this time. If it is still swollen, then you should do an ultrasound test of the abdomen to see if there is any problem. For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-docto...  Read Full »