Q. How to get rid of pimples and black spots and get glowing skin?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I am sending the photos of my friend who has a lot of pimples, black spots, and many warts on his face and neck. He is not happy with the look on his face. He does not have any medical issues.

Would you please suggest some better protocol for a complete cure and glowing skin?

Thanks.

#

I suggest the following;

1) Apply Nadibact cream (Nadifloxacin) twice daily for 15 days on inflammatory lesions on the face and beard.

2) Ketoscalp shampoo (Ketoconazole and Zinc Pyrithione) on an alternate day for two weeks. After that, twice weekly for six weeks.

3) Apply Ketoconazole lotion (for beard, chest, and back ) 20 minutes before going to bath for 20 days.

4) Tablet Limcee 500 mg (vitamin C) once a day after breakfast for 30 days.

5) Use aloe vera gel three times daily on dry, scaly areas of the beard for two months.

6) Skin tags will need cautery.

7) Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions.

8) Use any photostable sunscreen daily at 9 am, 12 pm, and 3 pm for two months and avoid direct sunlight.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a few more doubts as follow;

1) What are skin tags?

2) What is cautery? And what is the procedure, cost, and how many sessions would be required?

3) Will cautery help to brighten the skin?

4) Can cautery remove tanning?

Thanks.

#

Skin tags are harmless benign small, soft, fleshy, skin-colored growth common seen near eyelids. Electrosurgery is the treatment of choice for skin tags. It is a cost-effective procedure, and one session will be sufficient. It will not help to brighten skin. Other options are:

• Cryotherapy (freezing with liquid nitrogen).
  • Surgical excision under local anesthesia.
  • Ligation (tying with sterile thread to cut off blood supply).

Thanks for the reply.

1) Will the medication that you have prescribed help in removing tanning and brightening the skin?

2) I have blackheads on my nose, which come in the form of hairs. Is there any solution to stop them?

3) Can I use Rivela lite SPF 50 sunscreen?

Thanks.

#

1) Yes, it will help.

2) Apply Adapalene gel at night for 15 days on blackheads.

3) Yes, you can use any sunscreen which suits your skin.

Thanks for the reply.

You have prescribed so many creams for his skin problems. So, he got confused with the timing of application for every cream.

Would you please advise on how to apply them? Suppose if two medicines are to be put at night, which one to put first and the waiting time between those two medicines.

Thanks.

#

1) Nadibact cream in the morning for 15 days.

2) Ketoscalp shampoo twice weekly for six weeks (apply on scalp and keep for eight min and then wash off).

3) Ketoconazole lotion after bath for 15 days.

4) Alovera gel in noon or evening for 15 days.

5) Adapalene gel at night for 15 days.

|