Q. The pimples in my pubic area are painful, itching, and are hyperpigmented. Kindly help.

Answered by
Dr. Poonguzhali Liston
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 12, 2021

Hi doctor,

I get painful pimples in my pubic area. The pimple is itching, has hyperpigmentation. I had been suffering from PCOS, but now the results are better.

Kindly help.



Welcome to

I understand your concern.

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) What is the exact location of the pimple? Is it in on the hairy labia majora, the smooth labia minora, near the vaginal opening, or the urethral opening?

2) Is it a single pimple, or do they appear in clusters?

3) Is the itching associated with discharge? If yes, what is the color of discharge?

4)Are you using any vaginal wash, soap, or shampoos to clean your private area?

5) Do you have pain or burning sensation during micturition?

Also, it would be helpful if you can send pictures of the affected area.

Kindly revert with the answers.


Hi doctor,

Thanks for the reply.

The pimples are scattered on both the hairy part and the smooth part. There are two to three pimples, and they discharge pus. So when they rupture, it becomes more uneasy. The discharge is not frequent. I do not have pain or burning sensation during micturition.




Welcome back to

From the symptoms you mentioned, it looks like you are suffering from furunculosis. It is an infection of the hair follicles along with a yeast infection (candidiasis).

I suggest you to following;

1) Do not use a razor or hair removal cream to remove the hair in the pubic area. Trimming is the best way to reduce hair growth.

2) Do not use regular body soap or shampoo to clean your private area. Lukewarm water is sufficient to wash the pubic area.

3) Change undergarments twice daily and avoid using undergarments at night or while sleeping.

4)Loose cotton undergarments are best.

5) Do not use any dusting powder on the pubic region.

6) Use Candid -CL cream (Clotrimazole and Clindamycin) antibiotic for local application.

7) Use Lignocaine gel to relieve pain.

I hope this is useful.


Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Why is there a recurring infected sore with pus on my skin?

These have all cleared up by themselves over about two to three weeks but were red and some with red radiating outward on my skin, but I was able to fight off the infection ...   Read full

What are the ways to treat folliculitis permanently?

.. inflammation of the hair follicles. Usually it is due to bacteria but sometimes fungus can also cause Folliculitis. Most commonly it is seen over face, beard, chest, arms and legs. Mainly diagnosed by careful inspection of the affected area by the...   Read full

Is there any method to delay periods without any side effects?

.. start by congratulating you in advance for your wedding. There are many methods, all using hormones, to either prepone or postpone the period. I would like to suggest the simplest and the best method. I would not confuse you with too many dates, ...   Read full


Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Listeriosis - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
Listeriosis is a bacterial infection, that can result in severe complications like meningitis, sepsis, and even death. R...  Read more»
Myositis - Types, Symptoms, Causes, Treatment, and Prognosis
The term "myositis" refers to a set of uncommon diseases. To know more about myositis, read the full article below.  Read more»
Osteoporosis: an Important Public Health Problem
Osteoporosis is a problem that is largely preventable. This article focuses on the causes of osteoporosis and the availa...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.