Q. The pimples in my pubic area are painful, itching, and are hyperpigmented. Kindly help.

Dr. Poonguzhali Liston

I get painful pimples in my pubic area. The pimple is itching, has hyperpigmentation. I had been suffering from PCOS, but now the results are better.

Kindly help.

#

I understand your concern.

Kindly answer me the following to help you better;

1) What is the exact location of the pimple? Is it in on the hairy labia majora, the smooth labia minora, near the vaginal opening, or the urethral opening?

2) Is it a single pimple, or do they appear in clusters?

3) Is the itching associated with discharge? If yes, what is the color of discharge?

4)Are you using any vaginal wash, soap, or shampoos to clean your private area?

5) Do you have pain or burning sensation during micturition?

Also, it would be helpful if you can send pictures of the affected area.

Kindly revert with the answers.

Thanks for the reply.

The pimples are scattered on both the hairy part and the smooth part. There are two to three pimples, and they discharge pus. So when they rupture, it becomes more uneasy. The discharge is not frequent. I do not have pain or burning sensation during micturition.

Thanks.

#

From the symptoms you mentioned, it looks like you are suffering from furunculosis. It is an infection of the hair follicles along with a yeast infection (candidiasis).

I suggest you to following;

1) Do not use a razor or hair removal cream to remove the hair in the pubic area. Trimming is the best way to reduce hair growth.

2) Do not use regular body soap or shampoo to clean your private area. Lukewarm water is sufficient to wash the pubic area.

3) Change undergarments twice daily and avoid using undergarments at night or while sleeping.

4)Loose cotton undergarments are best.

5) Do not use any dusting powder on the pubic region.

6) Use Candid -CL cream (Clotrimazole and Clindamycin) antibiotic for local application.

7) Use Lignocaine gel to relieve pain.

I hope this is useful.

|