Q. I recently started getting pimples on my face, and my face itches a lot. Please help.

Dr. Subhash Kashyap
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 31, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 23, 2021

I have recently (like a month) started to get acne and pimples on my face, and my face itches a lot throughout the day for no reason. I do not have any rashes or anything. It just randomly itches, and I have been trying to get rid of acne by taking Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid) pills. I am not allergic to anything that I know of, at least, and I have always had acne on my cheeks but very, very faded. They have recently popped up and turned into pimples, and my face itches for no reason. It is the most annoying feeling. Also, I have been getting a bunch of pimples on my nose, and I have one that has been there for a month, and it does not look like it is going to go. I did not really struggle with acne before on my whole face, but I always had a few acne on my cheeks and eyebrows. The doctor did not prescribe vitamin B5 and I got it by seeing a video on the internet.

.

#

If you have would have sent a photo, it would have been easier to diagnose whether you are suffering from acne or something else. Acne is quite common at your age, and many people suffer from it, but it is not as itchy as you are describing it but if you are so sure that it is acne, kindly use Clindamycin gel twice daily.

Salicylic acid face wash for 30 seconds once a day in the morning.

Take tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once daily 30 minutes before breakfast use on three consecutive days per week for three weeks.

Do not use any other creams which you get online or from any other medically educated source.

Review after four weeks with the photographs.

Do not apply any other cream like Betnovate cream.

Do not touch your face too often. Do not use any greasy cream. Avoid the sun as much as possible you can wear a hat to avoid the sun.

Do not use sunscreens because most of them are greasy, and they will also cause acne.

|