Q. Whenever I eat something spicy, I get pimples overnight. Please suggest a remedy.

Dr. Gaurang Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 22, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 07, 2022

I am a 26-year-old male. Whenever I eat something spicy like patties or any hot food overnight, I get pimples on my cheeks. They are the red and yellow type and do not fade away easily. Sometimes, I have to compromise on my favorite dishes. Please suggest a remedy.

#

Pimples occur due to hormonal changes and oily accumulation in the skin. I suggest following these steps:

1. Do not use hair oil or any sticky cream on the face.

2. Avoid oily food, chocolate, and milk products.

3. Avoid dust.

4. Use sunscreens above 30 SPF.

5. Do not rub any cream on the face.

6. Do not use any steroid creams.

7. Take the below-mentioned treatment for at least a month.

8. Facewash or soap is not a treatment.

9. Do not touch the acne, and avoid squeezing it.

For treatment, I suggest:

1. Clindamycin (Clintop, Faceclin, or Clear gel). This is preventive and curative. So, I tell my patients to use it all over their face in the morning.

2. Adapalene gel (Adalene or Defferine) over the acne at night.

3. Tablet Doxy (Doxycycline) 100 mg once a day.

|