Q. My pimple turned into a bleeding bump. What to do?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Jul 23, 2021

I had a pimple a few weeks ago that vastly turned into a little bump that will not stop bleeding. It has been like this for about two weeks, and it is driving me mad. I am not sure what it is or what to do.

#

I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems that you have developed pyogenic granuloma.
  • The best treatment for this is radiofrequency cautery. It should be done by dermatologist only.
  • I suggest you apply Mupirocin ointment twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|