Q. My pimple turned into a bleeding bump. What to do?

I had a pimple a few weeks ago that vastly turned into a little bump that will not stop bleeding. It has been like this for about two weeks, and it is driving me mad. I am not sure what it is or what to do.

#

I have read your concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• It seems that you have developed pyogenic granuloma.
  • The best treatment for this is radiofrequency cautery. It should be done by dermatologist only.
  • I suggest you apply Mupirocin ointment twice daily for five days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

How to treat hot water burns in a kid?

Query: Hello doctor, My 4-year-old baby spilled extremely hot water on his right feet. The skin became red immediately. I put Aloe vera gel and silver nitrate ointment. It is better now. But, he is suffering from burning and pain. Kindly let me know what are the other medications and other precautions tha...  Read Full »

Is Infliximab a safe pregnancy drug?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I am currently working in a hospital. I have been diagnosed with psoriatic spondyloarthropathy six years back. I had severe pain in the right SI joint. Currently, I am not taking medicines except NSAIDs. My MRI was done and it showed MRI joint inflammation. I was advis...  Read Full »

There is a hole below my stomach with smelly pus discharging. Help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a hole underneath my stomach and it is discharging smelly pus every day. It burst two months ago. It is painful and smelly. Help me.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»