Q. Is pituitary adenoma life-threatening?

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

I got an MRI done due to severe headaches, and I was diagnosed with pituitary adenoma. So, I consulted a neurosurgeon, who suggested some scans. Everything was normal according to him. He later said that the tumor is tiny almost 1 cm, and he asked me to wait and see. If any problem persists, then he will see later. But recently, I am having mild headaches and fear that it may turn into a big problem. Kindly suggest what to do.

#

• If the tumor is smaller than 1 cm and all your hormonal tests are normal, then serial observation is the preferred treatment. In these cases, no surgery is needed.
  • Mild headaches may not be related to the adenoma. Kindly follow the advice of your treating neurosurgeon.

Best wishes.

For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

Is this condition serious? I mean, is it life-threatening or cancerous?

#

• This is a benign mass and is non-cancerous. Best wishes.

For further queries consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neurologist

| 

I have headache after using Nevanac ophthalmic suspension

Query: Hello doctor, I am 37 years old. I have discomfort and mild pain in the right eye since last four days. The doctor has advised taking Nevanac ophthalmic suspension 0.1 suspension, and Maxmoist eye drops for dry eye. He has advised to take Nevanac one drop four times daily in both eyes, and Maxmoist ...  Read Full »

I am having bleeding and pus discharge from toenail. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have toenail problem. I had bleeding and pus formation. I consulted a doctor and she had prescribed the following treatment. Tablet Novamox CV 625 three times a day for five days. Apply T-bact ointment twice a day. After taking the above treatment, the pus formation stopped. But there ...  Read Full »

I have a mole on my belly which I worry could be a melanoma. Does it appear so?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. I have a mole on my belly which is darker than the others (almost black in the middle) and I wonder if it is still just a regular (or atypical) mole and nothing to worry about or if it could be something worse (melanoma). I am attaching three images in ...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»