Q. Can uteroplacental insufficiency lead to premature baby?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

My age is 31 years, had scan done at 27 weeks and it showed early dialostic notch in bilateral uterine arteries with mild increased mean uterine artery pi- 1.42. Suggestive of uteroplacental insufficiency. I have got BP now (150/90). This is not anomaly scan.

Seek second opinion, please let me know what are complications arising from this. I have read that if BP increases, there might be case that baby would be prematurely born with intestinal issues as blood supply is restricted. Also, whether it can cause any issue to my child, if born early.

#

Kindly attach your ultrasound report.

Please find the reports.

#

Diastolic notch is mildest form of resistance to blood flow. It is safest stage also. It occurs due to high BP. Blood flow to baby decreases. But very very minimal. If resistance occurs in middle cerebral artery or ductus venosus then it is a matter of concern. There might be chance of preterm delivery, but you need to be regular on your medication. Follow up properly for ultrasound as advised. Adequate rest in left lateral position.

|