Q. Is it safe to take a prematurely born six month old baby to a hill station during winter?

Dr. Sudeb Mukherjee

I have a premature baby girl who was born at 800 g. She is now 6 months old by actual age and 4 months by adjusted. We have to attend a very close family wedding at a nearby hill station which is very cold at this time of the year. She weighs 4.82 kg now. Being born premature and this being her first winter, should we take the baby there? The function will take place at night.

#

There is no absolute contraindication to attend the wedding.

A premature baby is more susceptible to infections (common cough and cold) as the immunity is low.

At present, her weight is within the normal range considering premature nature of birth.

Take utmost care. Cover the head portion and leg with extra cloth so that the baby does not catch a cold.

Enjoy safely and take care of the baby.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 
1 out of 1 likes