Q. Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Lokesh
Published on Jul 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises.

When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plantar fasciitis.

I suggest you the following medicines to get it cured. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

1. Tablet Dolonex (Piroxicam) 20 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night for 10 days after food.
  2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night for 10 days before food.
  3. Tablet Pregabalin 75 mg, one tablet at night before 7 PM for 10 days.
  4. Also, apply Dolonex ointment twice daily over the affected area of pain.

You need to wear silicon heels to reduce the stress over it.

You need to go to a physiotherapist and do ultrasound physiotherapy for at least 10 sittings in two weeks to the affected area. Do calf stretching exercises twice daily for 15 minutes.

Exercise is the main thing. Also, put your feet in hot water when you get up in the morning from bed. This treatment will surely help you. Follow up with me after 10 days.

Medicines, ultrasound physio and exercises.

To wear silicon heels.

Revert back after 10 days to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for facet hypertrophy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »

I am having heel pain and inflammation from stepping on a nail head.Is this due to a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments?

Query: Hello doctor, I stepped on the head of a nail a week ago. Now, every time I step on that part of my heel, I get this sharp, searing and burning feeling. Is this a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments? What happened? Thank you for giving me an audience; it's extremely appreciated.  Read Full »

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now