Q. Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.

#

I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises.

When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plantar fasciitis.

I suggest you the following medicines to get it cured. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

1. Tablet Dolonex (Piroxicam) 20 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night for 10 days after food.
  2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night for 10 days before food.
  3. Tablet Pregabalin 75 mg, one tablet at night before 7 PM for 10 days.
  4. Also, apply Dolonex ointment twice daily over the affected area of pain.

You need to wear silicon heels to reduce the stress over it.

You need to go to a physiotherapist and do ultrasound physiotherapy for at least 10 sittings in two weeks to the affected area. Do calf stretching exercises twice daily for 15 minutes.

Exercise is the main thing. Also, put your feet in hot water when you get up in the morning from bed. This treatment will surely help you. Follow up with me after 10 days.

Medicines, ultrasound physio and exercises.

To wear silicon heels.

Revert back after 10 days to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|