Q. Apart from anti-inflammatory medicine, what should I do for plantar fasciitis?

Answered by
Dr. Lokesh
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 13, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hi doctor,

I was diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. I am having swollen feet despite taking anti-inflammatory medications. Please help.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I do not know what anti-inflammatory medicines you were taking, but you need to take the correct medicines and the main treatment of plantar fasciitis is stretching exercises.

When the pain reduces, you have to do calf stretching exercises to reduce the pain of plantar fasciitis.

I suggest you the following medicines to get it cured. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

  1. Tablet Dolonex (Piroxicam) 20 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night for 10 days after food.
  2. Tablet Rabeprazole 20 mg one tablet in the morning and one at night for 10 days before food.
  3. Tablet Pregabalin 75 mg, one tablet at night before 7 PM for 10 days.
  4. Also, apply Dolonex ointment twice daily over the affected area of pain.

You need to wear silicon heels to reduce the stress over it.

You need to go to a physiotherapist and do ultrasound physiotherapy for at least 10 sittings in two weeks to the affected area. Do calf stretching exercises twice daily for 15 minutes.

Exercise is the main thing. Also, put your feet in hot water when you get up in the morning from bed. This treatment will surely help you. Follow up with me after 10 days.

Treatment plan:

Medicines, ultrasound physio and exercises.

Preventive measures:

To wear silicon heels.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back after 10 days to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

Was this answer helpful?



This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What is the best treatment for Erb's palsy?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter has Erbs palsy but we did physiotherapy for three months and the doctor said she is fine but she is still struggling with the hand and this is about six months after the doctor discharged us. Please tell me what should I do.  Read Full »

How is facet hypertrophy treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and suffering from facet hypertrophy. I have continuous lower back pain. I cannot stand for more than five minutes. I am taking Nuroday daily. I would like to know the treatment.  Read Full »

I am having heel pain and inflammation from stepping on a nail head.Is this due to a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments?

Query: Hello doctor, I stepped on the head of a nail a week ago. Now, every time I step on that part of my heel, I get this sharp, searing and burning feeling. Is this a bone contusion or did I damage any ligaments? What happened? Thank you for giving me an audience; it's extremely appreciated.  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.