Q. Pain increasing gradually even after using a heel pad for plantar fasciitis. Please help.

Dr. Sumit Chawla
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 01, 2021

I have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. The doctor advised me to use a heel pad. Even after using it, there is no relief. My pain is getting increased gradually. Please help.

#

You seem to have plantar fascitis. It is a fairly common problem. Using a heel pad is helpful but you need to stop walking using barefoot. Do not use any acupuncture type of footwear and use soft footwear. Taking a contrast bath helps you. Take alternative warm and cold water fermentation one after another for a period of ten minutes twice daily. If there is no relief, you can take some conservative treatment using pain killers, and local steroid injection using Methylprednisolone can be given at the site of pain to have immense relief.

|