Q. Pain increasing gradually even after using a heel pad for plantar fasciitis. Please help.

Dr. Sumit Chawla
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 11, 2020
Hi I have been diagnosed with plantar fascitis. Doctor said to use heel pad. Using it but no relief. Pain is increasing gradually. Please help.
#

hi, welcome to icliniq.

Sorry to hear about you being troubled with plantar fascitis. it's a fairly common problem. heel pad is indeed helpful but apart from it you need to stop walking bare foot as much as possible. don't use any accupuncture type of footwear, use soft footwear.

contrast bath is helpful- alternative warm and cold water fomentation one after other for period of 10 mins atleast twice a day is beneficial. if there is no relief after this conservative treatment along with some pain killers, local steroid injection (methylprednisolone) injection at the site of maximum pain can give you immense relief in those symptoms.

please get the injection only from orthopedic surgeon. i hope you get cured of your ailment. feel free to ask any other querry. Thanks

|