Q. I have itchy bumps on my hand. Please help.

Dr. Siva Subramanian

I have bumps on my hand. It keeps spreading. I have itching, and I do not know what to do. I need some help. I am sending my pictures. Please help me.

Dr. Siva Subramanian

Dermatology Venereology
#

I have gone through the query and the pictures of your hands (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your rash is eczema, more specifically pompholyx (dyshidrotic eczema). You have to find the cause of the disease and avoid it. The most common reason is the use of irritant chemicals such as detergents. Working with a wet hand for a more extended period can also cause pompholyx.

If you are using any such irritant, try to avoid it. You can apply a Clobetasol cream (Cetyl alcohol with Propylene glycol) twice daily for two weeks. Do not use the cream on the healthy skin, as it is a corticosteroid. Also, take Levocetirizine 5 mg tablet at night before sleep for two weeks, for the management of itching. Please follow me after two weeks. Dry your palms entirely after having a wet work. Avoid using harsh chemicals with bare hands.

|