Q. I suffer from premature ejaculation and poor erection. I have tried herbal/ayurveda products with no results at all. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am a 54 year old male, married and have good general health and good sexual appetite. But I suffer from premature ejaculation and poor erection since 10 years. I have tried herbal/ayurveda products with no results at all.

I worked in heavy public schedule over 8 years and took 1 year off last year and stress became part of my life. Can I improve this condition with medications such as viagra?

A doctor prescribed tablet Parocen-CR 12.5mg and capsule Nano Leo for one month which I have not yet tried. Please advice.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand the concern expressed by you. In regard to the current medication, I would like to inform you that Parocen CR is one option for premature ejaculation but does not have any effect on weak erection. It can be said that in last three years a new molecule is approved for the treatment of premature ejaculation which is equally effective and do not have common side effects encountered with Parocen CR or other drugs which were in use three years back.

I am not sure why your doctor prescribed you Nano leo as it has minimal effect on erection. It is used for increasing testosterone level which has more effect on desire rather than erection. As you informed that you do not have any problem with desire, the possibility of using Nano leo is ruled out. Regarding the viagra, it has definite effect on erection and there is no doubt that it can be effective in your case. Having said this I would like to know what was your initial problem, premature ejaculation or weak erection? I commonly observed that people with erection problem try to rush the sexual intercourse because of fear that they will not able to maintain the erection for sufficient time. This kind of rushing develops artificial premature ejaculation.

I need to inform you that if you developed your premature ejaculation in response to erection problem then there is need to treat only erection problem. As the cause suggests, with treatment of erection problem the premature ejaculation will be treated automatically. In case you feel that both the problems are independent then there is need to address both issues simultaneously for correction of the problem. Before we move to treatment part of the problem we need to identify the possible cause of the problem.

I request you to post following details in the follow up query so that the cause of problem can be determined and so the treatment. 1.What do you mean by weak erections and premature ejaculation? Describe what you think in detail.

2. How did the problem start, whether it was of acute onset or was it on and off initially?

3. Progress of the problem in the last six months.

4. Duration of sexual activity - both maximum and minimum duration in last one year.

3. Frequency of the problem in a week or in a month.

4. What are the factors that increase the problem in bedroom.

5. Factors that relieve the problem - thoughts, situations, partner, place etc.

6. Do you get early morning or night erections?

7. If yes, how frequent?

8. Your marital status and partner details.

9. Effect on your marriage or relationship so far.

10. Details of any other medical illnesses.

11. Medications you are receiving currently.

12. Medications which you tried till date and their results.

13. Any investigations done so far and if yes, details of the same.As you know erectile dysfunction is a complex disorder, it needs thorough evaluation for treatment.

Revert back to a sexologist online for further follow up --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

1. Premature ejaculation is more a problem than erection.

2. It has been a regular problem during sex since 8/10 years.

3. During every sexual act, sensitive and quick ejaculation occurs.

4. Thoughts and anxiety about quick ejaculation/short performance of sexual act becomes a factor.

5. Spouse's oral act on penis relieves/restores erection at times.

6. I get early morning/night sleep erections often.

7. Often.

8. I have 5 children and my partner is satisfactory. Partner feels burning sensation with semen.

9. There has not been any conflict between us caused by this problem.

10. No illness of health.

11 &12. None at present. Earlier I had taken herbal and ayurvedic revitalising tablets/capsules with no result.

13. None.

Thank you in advance.

#

Thanks for writing back to me at icliniq.com. After going through your answer, I feel that erection is not a problem at all if the problem of premature ejaculation is restored. This is also evident from the morning/night time erections that are very frequent. They are indicative that in the nerves and musculature of the penis everything is normal. For the treatment of premature ejaculation following things will be helpful for you. Firstly, use the condom which comes with long lasting properties. The tip of these condoms are lined with benzocaine which helps in continuing the sexual intercourse for longer duration.

One such example is "durex performa". Condom will also help you in reducing the burning sensation of your partner. Obviously as you might be knowing this will cause less sensation during intercourse. Secondly, perform 'kegel exercise'. It is one of the method which permanently helps in premature ejaculation. Thirdly, take Dapoxetine 30mg before 90 minutes of the expected sexual intercourse. No need to take on the day when you are not expecting sex. It will help you in increasing the duration of sexual intercourse which you require. Lastly follow me after two weeks. We will evaluate again and determine the progress. I am sure within a period of few weeks you will not be facing the problem of premature ejaculation.

Take care.

|