Q. My gum is tender from an extraction done two weeks ago. Please help.

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

I got my first molar removed nearly two weeks ago.  It is healing, but I notice a yellowish color inside and my gum around the area is a little swollen. I am not in so much pain. But, it is definitely tender and I just have a slight pain in that area. It was a difficult tooth extraction. There was a lot of hard pulling involved. It has been about 11 days now. My throat was a little sore this morning. So, I started a course of antibiotics (Cefalexin). So, if it is an infection will this help? Also, I have been rinsing my mouth with salt and warm water as many as four to five times a day since the second day of extraction. Should I be worried? Will this all disappear in time without getting worse? I do not want to stress anymore.

#

• As per your history, there seems to be a sharp, bony edge there. You need to consult the dentist and get an X-ray done.
  • I suggest you get an osteoplasty done, where the sharp edges would be smoothened.
  • If you do not get the bony spicule smoothened, it will still heal, but take longer.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|