Q. What are the reasons to develop post-traumatic stress disorder?

Dr. Mustafa Ibrahim Abdelaziz Emara

My girlfriend is a psychologist, and last week, I talked with her openly. She said that I have post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). I hate every human being for no reason, but I love animals.

My parents used to beat me a lot during my childhood, even for minor reasons. So far, I have not been open, and I do not share my emotions with anyone. And my girlfriend is the first person with whom I have shared my past life.

What is PTSD? Do I have it? It is not that I do not believe in her, but I want a clarification from another specialist.

#

Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) occurs six months after having a traumatic experience beyond your ability.

The symptoms are sadness which prevents you from work or study, nightmares, and loss of the ability to enjoy yourself. You have bad memories about your life, and you think a lot about them, leading to depression. Everyone has bad and good memories of their life. A bad experience is essential for our development as we learn from that. You should look forward to your future and build a new life by finishing your studies, pursuing a job, getting married, and having children. God bless you. I hope I have answered all your questions, and please let me know if you need more help.

|