Q. Is it possible to have a safe pregnancy with a fibroid uterus?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 20, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 30, 2019

I am married for ten months. I had a miscarriage of 10 weeks baby. Now again, I expect five weeks of pregnancy. At my first miscarriage checkup, the doctor said that I have a fibroid of 3.2 cm within the uterus at the intermural side. Also, at that time, my TORCH test was positive. T and R were positive, and I took medicines. Will I have a safe pregnancy this time? What can I do? Please suggest.

#

There are two things, one is to have a pregnancy, and the second is the growth of the pregnancy. Both are different and require different approaches in the treatment point of view.

As you said, there were T and R positive. If it was IgG (Immunoglobulin G) positive, then you need not worry. It suggests the past infection. But as you have taken tablets and completed the course, no need to worry. You said that you have a fibroid around 3.2 cm intramural. It is true that fibroid can increase the chance of abortion. But it is also true many pregnancies with fibroid goes up to the term without any complications and have delivered the baby normally. So, continue the treatment prescribed by your doctor. Take maximum rest. Avoid heavy weight lifting, intercourse, jerky work, and work while bending. And hopefully you will have a normal pregnancy.

|