Q. I had heavy bleeding and passed a grey muscle like mass. What is it?

I was having spotting most of the month, then heavy bleeding for two days. I then passed what looked like grey muscle and suddenly no more blood. What does that mean or what could it be?

Do you have a question on Pregnancy Test or Ultrasound Pelvis?

Ask a Doctor Now

MBBS., MS (OBS/GYNAE)., FMAS., DMAS., FELLOWSHIP IS ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES
Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology

It is suggested that you may get a urine pregnancy test done as this fleshy mass passed could be an abortus, considering that you have been spotting throughout. If negative then, you shall need an ultrasound pelvis to check for endometrial thickness to rule out proliferative phase disorder.

Also Read Answers From: Pregnancy Test Ultrasound Pelvis

My beta hCG values are 5.73 and 5.26. Does it confirm pregnancy?
Query: Hi doctor,I am 38 years old. I did not get my last month period. After 15 days of missed period, my beta hCG value is 5.73. What is the chance of pregnancy? Do I have any issue? Please guide me.  Read Full »
Dr. Anindya Das

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.As you can say, the normal beta hCG level is less than 5. So, you should wait for two days and repeat the test.You should do ultrasound pelvis, but after beta hCG report is available.Revert after two days with the report to an obstetrician and gynecologist online --> htt...  Read Full »

Pregnancy test positive. On the 9th day had slight bleeding, why?
Query: Hello doctor, My period is delayed and I took pregnancy test after seven days and it was positive. On 9th day that is four days ago I had slight bleeding with brown blood and till now bleeding continues with mix of little and medium flow. Doctor recommended me not to continue with the pregnancy. Kin...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is a threatened miscarriage as it would be termed medically as the pregnancy test is positive. But, ultrasound is not contraindicated as it is necessary to localize the pregnancy and rule out ectopic pregnancy as well which can have similar presentation with bleed...  Read Full »

Could you help with my terrible periods pain?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old. I usually have quite regular periods, but every month I get absolutely terrible pains to the point I am sick and shaking. I have tried taking the contraceptive pill to help my periods, but it made them worse. So, I stopped. It is not just a cramp. A really bad sickness ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is all likelihood that you may have endometriosis and possible endometriosis cysts as well, which causes pain during menses alone. You should get an ultrasound pelvis done to diagnose it first and then should opt for laparoscopic cyst removal and fulgura...  Read Full »

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now