Q. Can premature ejaculation occur due to anxiety issues?

Dr. Raveendran S. R
and medically reviewed by Dr. Preetha J

I need an appointment for sex therapy for severe premature ejaculation (PE). I have had this issue for about two years. I have tried everything available over the counter for three months, including numbing gels, condoms with benzocaine, lidocaine, different positions, Kegel exercises, and even mental health therapy. I tend to have anxiety issues (although never diagnosed medically), but I suffer from PE even on good days. I believe this is a medical issue. I would appreciate an urgent appointment as this is significantly impacting my relationship with my girlfriend. Thank you.

#

I can understand your concern about your symptoms.

There are many reasons for Premature Ejaculation.

• Stressful work – Night duties, twenty-four-hour jobs, etc.

• Diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid issue affects Premature Ejaculation. Keeping your blood sugar, blood pressure, and thyroid hormones under control will help you.

• On long-term medication related to hypertension and anti-psychiatric medications.

• Frequent masturbation or prone masturbation.

• Excess porn.

• Receiving less foreplay from partner or lack of knowledge regarding foreplay and female masturbation.

• Having an affair gives you a guilty feeling.

• Lack of exercise and obesity.

You need to check FBS (fasting blood sugar)/PPBS (post-prandial blood sugar) to rule out diabetes, check your BP (blood pressure), Free T3 (triiodothyronine), T4 (thyroxine), and TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) for ruling out thyroid issue.

You can use tablet Duralast (Dapoxetine) 30 mg as a temporary solution.

Natural method.

Increase the foreplay duration during sex women should receive 15 to 20 min of foreplay, and men should receive ten to fifteen min of foreplay for good blood supply to the penis for a long and hard erection. Your partner should learn to give foreplay in a way you do not ejaculate and enjoy.

Inserting a penis into the vagina is not everything in sex. Sex is not a race duration does not mean your partner is happy. Love your partner, learn about female masturbation, give your partner orgasm and climax.

Kindly share details regarding the above reason. So, we can work on understanding the cause and plan treatment.

Kindly share more details regarding your problem, so I can help you better.

Thank you for your response.

Sorry but I do not think any of the reasons you mentioned match with my situation. I am healthy, fit and I do not have any symptoms of thyroid dysfunction or diabetes. Our foreplay is very enjoyable. It is only during sex that there is a problem. I can make my partner climax without penis insertion, but that is not a satisfactory solution for us. I want to try the tablet Duralast (Dapoxetine) 30 mg, but I am staying abroad, and I need a prescription for this medicine at the pharmacy. Can you give me a prescription for this tablet?

#

Good, you can try the tablet Duralast. But, I am sorry I am not allowed to share prescriptions out of the country. Even if I share a prescription, it is not valid outside the country. You can plan for natural methods by increasing foreplay and doing regular walking and exercise, including yoga.

|