HomeAnswersSexologypremature ejaculationI am a 23-year-old male, and I have been dealing with premature ejaculation issues. Please help.

How to treat premature ejaculation in a 23-year-old?


The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At December 3, 2023
Reviewed AtDecember 3, 2023

Patient's Query

Hello doctor,

I am a 23-year-old male, and I have been dealing with premature ejaculation issues. I used to masturbate excessively in the past, but I have managed to gain better control over it now. I can delay my ejaculation for about 2 to 3 minutes. Given my situation, I am considering trying herbal supplements like Shilajit Gold or Herbo 24 Turbo. I am currently unmarried, and I am also curious about any potential herbal remedies. Can you provide some guidance on which option might be the best for me in addressing this concern?

Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Raveendran S R


Welcome to icliniq.com.

I read your query.

I understand your concerns regarding premature ejaculation, and it is essential to explore the underlying factors contributing to this issue. Several potential reasons for premature ejaculation include:

  1. Stress and work: High-stress levels or demanding work schedules, such as night shifts, can impact your sexual performance.
  2. Medical conditions: Conditions like diabetes, hypertension, and thyroid problems can influence premature ejaculation. Managing these conditions and keeping your blood sugar, blood pressure, and thyroid hormones in check is crucial.
  3. Medications: Some medications, especially those for hypertension or psychiatric conditions, may affect ejaculation.
  4. Masturbation and porn: Frequent masturbation or excessive exposure to pornography can contribute to premature ejaculation.
  5. Lack of knowledge: Insufficient foreplay or a lack of understanding of foreplay and female masturbation can play a role.
  6. Guilt: Engaging in extramarital affairs may lead to feelings of guilt that affect sexual performance.
  7. Physical health: Lack of exercise and obesity can also be contributing factors.

To address your concerns, I recommend the following steps:

  1. Medical checkup: Consult a healthcare professional to assess your health. Check your fasting blood sugar (FBS), postprandial blood sugar (PPBS), blood pressure (BP), and thyroid function (Free T3, Free T4, TSH) to rule out any underlying medical issues.
  2. Temporary solution: I would suggest you consider using a medication like Duralast (Dapoxetine) 30mg as a temporary solution to help delay ejaculation.
  3. Natural methods: Implement natural methods to improve sexual performance. Focus on extending foreplay, with women receiving 15 to 20 minutes and men 10 to 15 minutes of foreplay for optimal blood flow to the penis. Relaxation techniques, such as soothing music, can help. You can also try delay condoms.
  4. Emotional connection: Remember that sex is not a race, and duration alone does not determine satisfaction. Develop a deeper emotional connection with your partner, learn about female pleasure, and prioritize your partner's satisfaction.

It is important to approach this issue with patience and open communication with your partner. If the problem persists, consider consulting a sex therapist or counselor for further guidance and support.

Thank you.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Raveendran S R
Dr. Raveendran S R


Community Banner Mobile

iCliniq's FREE Newsletters

Expert-backed health and wellness information, delivered to your email.

Subscribe iCliniq
By clicking Subscribe, I agree to the iCliniq Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy and understand that I may opt out of iCliniq subscriptions at any time.

Ask your health query to a doctor online


*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy